News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

My only goals for today are to drink my weight in hot chocolate and try not to overdose on cold medicine.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 03, 2016, 05:57:35 PM
My only goals for today are to drink my weight in hot chocolate and try not to overdose on cold medicine.

A swig of brandy in there will make you feel better!

Guardian85

Well, if you are going to have a sick day that is the way to do it.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 03, 2016, 06:36:19 PM

A swig of obrandy in there will make you feel better!

I wish. I recently switched to a different antidepressant and it makes me really sick if I drink any kind of alcohol
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Pasta Chick

My left ovary is a cyst, and I may or may not have something going on with my kidneys (which would be coincidental most likely). Plus some other vague shit I have to wait and see on. Fun!

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 03, 2016, 09:50:29 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 03, 2016, 06:36:19 PM

A swig of obrandy in there will make you feel better!

I wish. I recently switched to a different antidepressant and it makes me really sick if I drink any kind of alcohol
Now that really would make me depressed!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Icarus

I dearly hope that you are alright PC.  Unusually frequent periods are a probable sign that you are not in a family way. Aside from that, please take care and discover the reason or reasons for your odd periodic functions.  (hugs).

Pasta Chick

So far almost everyone has been like "OMG ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!" And I was starting to dearly hope so as anything surviving in the barren war zone of my uterus would have to be a complete badass.

I'm less worried about that all, maybe because I've been dealing with bullshit since I was 15. Freaking out a bit over the kidneys. I'm reading that eating meat prior to bloodwork can cause a false reading of outright kidney failure, so I'm hoping that's all it is. They told me not to fast, so I ate a plate of pulled pork and beans less than 2 hours before I went to the lab.

In which case I will be really irritated that they told me not to fast and then freaked out and sent me to a goddamn nephrologist.

Icarus

I am not grumpy but I am annoyed by a letter that appeared in my mail box today. The letter was addressed to my mother in law who has been deceased for more than ten years. Not only that but she lived in Kansas City, 1500 miles away, and had never ever visited Florida where I live.  OK so the sender has a mailing list that is not current or even close to accurate.  I understand that part.

MIL was not an active religious person but one of her sons in law is an off the deep end preacher man. Sheesh! The mailer hustler wants her to send money so that god will bless and keep her through all the days of her life. It is too late now of course. The Scammer or delusional lunatic, as the case may be, is running an outfit named: The Jerusalem Prayer Team International. Michael Evans, the head Honcho, is all disturbed that Israel is in danger of being demolished by the Muslim forces of evil. We are to involve ourselves in intercessory prayer for the Israelies, Sign a petition to have John Kerry (secretary of state of the US) intervene on behalf of the jews., and of course send money to Michael Evans. Evans is presumably a Christian pastor who has talked to god about the plight of "the chosen people" . 

Why am I annoyed by such a commonplace hustle? Because more than a few people, really compassionate people, not too bright ones, will actually send money to the bastard in an effort to ensure the favorable destiny of the "chosen people".

Please loosen your wallets and send money to Mike Evans
Jerusalem Prayer Team international
P.O.Box  3000
Phoenix AZ 85046-0009

Absent your generosity, perhaps you might like to correspond with him. Suspiciously, there was no internet address in the elaborate mailer. 

I am merely annoyed. That is nothing like the concern that I have for my virtual friends, Velma, PC and other good and decent people.

Tank

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 03, 2016, 10:02:36 PM
My left ovary is a cyst, and I may or may not have something going on with my kidneys (which would be coincidental most likely). Plus some other vague shit I have to wait and see on. Fun!
Damn these divinely created and carefully designed bodies. God is a fucking useless bio-mechanic.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Guardian85

-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

My nose itched, so I searched it, which apparently was the wrong thing to do and I now have an externally bloody nose. It was annoying me, so I put a band aid on it, which isn't really less annoying but keeps me from being a walking, dripping biohazard. Have you ever tried to put a band aid on the side of your nose? It's pretty ridiculous. I'm actually not really grumpy about this at all. It's pretty goddamn funny. Or maybe I'm just laughing because there's adhesive on my nose. But either way, there's no "I feel like a ridiculous goon" thread, so here I am.

Guardian85

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 10, 2016, 02:18:38 AM
My nose itched, so I searched it, which apparently was the wrong thing to do and I now have an externally bloody nose. It was annoying me, so I put a band aid on it, which isn't really less annoying but keeps me from being a walking, dripping biohazard. Have you ever tried to put a band aid on the side of your nose? It's pretty ridiculous. I'm actually not really grumpy about this at all. It's pretty goddamn funny. Or maybe I'm just laughing because there's adhesive on my nose. But either way, there's no "I feel like a ridiculous goon" thread, so here I am.
You need to get those little round band aids. Work much better in weird places. ;)

-Unknown Smartass-