News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2015, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 01, 2015, 08:50:47 PM
Well, my application for cancelling my housing was denied and they are making me pay 6 thousand dollars on an apartment that I will not be living in.
What a bunch of f***ing bastards!

Their reasoning for denying me was because "Ivy Tech students live here too because it is so close so you can too." Which completely ignores the fact that there is no way for me to get there because I don't have a car and I can't afford to live here any more. I am already paying 3 grand more than what the advertised price is.

Seriously so upset right now and I don't know what to do. I can't meet with anybody until Friday so I just have to wait until then
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 01, 2015, 09:52:53 PM
Well, my application for cancelling my housing was denied and they are making me pay 6 thousand dollars on an apartment that I will not be living in.

Their reasoning for denying me was because "Ivy Tech students live here too because it is so close so you can too." Which completely ignores the fact that there is no way for me to get there because I don't have a car and I can't afford to live here any more. I am already paying 3 grand more than what the advertised price is.

Seriously so upset right now and I don't know what to do. I can't meet with anybody until Friday so I just have to wait until then
Threaten them with a mad Viking with an axe  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2015, 10:07:58 PM

Tempting...
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

:therethere: Budhorse4, I hope you can 'fix' this, soon.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2015, 10:07:58 PM

Beat me to it...  :cartoonviking:

When you meet them tell them your cousin is a lawyer. Might work. Wait, don't we have a lawyer on HAF?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

Many bus lines aren't circulating today because lowlifes have set fire to 6 early this morning in different areas of the city.  :rant1:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2015, 12:06:09 PM
Many bus lines aren't circulating today because lowlifes have set fire to 6 early this morning in different areas of the city.  :rant1:
Why did they set fire to them?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2015, 01:06:07 PM

Retribution for the death of one of their own by the police yesterday afternoon, apparently. 

Guardian85

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2015, 02:25:20 PM

Retribution for the death of one of their own by the police yesterday afternoon, apparently.
wouldn't it have made more sense to torch a cop car then? :???:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 02, 2015, 08:57:53 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2015, 02:25:20 PM

wouldn't it have made more sense to torch a cop car then? :???:

They're cowards. I guess it would be more difficult to torch a cop car since cops carry guns and can fight back. 

I'm just hoping the buses circulate normally tomorrow since I have places I have to be.   ::)

Firebird

So they require you to live on campus or something? I'm a little confused
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on December 03, 2015, 03:37:24 AM

It's not required, but living on campus was a better option than driving to school every day at the time. The problem is that I am transferring to a different school and will no longer be living on campus but the school is still trying to charge me for next semester.

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 03, 2015, 03:46:09 AM
Quote from: Firebird on December 03, 2015, 03:37:24 AM

It's not required, but living on campus was a better option than driving to school every day at the time. The problem is that I am transferring to a different school and will no longer be living on campus but the school is still trying to charge me for next semester.

What if you found someone else to take over your spot in the apartment, i/e take over your lease? I became a landlord recently, and some of the laws I read to prepare for it mentioned that if a tenant is trying to break a lease, the landlord needs to make a reasonable effort to find someone to take over the lease before holding the lessee in contempt. I'm not sure if the same laws apply in your state, but it's probably worth looking into.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Velma

Not a good weekend. I could hardly get out of bed. My injured knee is swollen again and hurts nonstop. Just walking the 10 or 12 steps to the bathroom was enough to bring me to tears.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan