News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Women and Pain Management

Started by Recusant, November 06, 2015, 02:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 11, 2015, 04:46:21 PM
Not uncommon for women to be told their health problems are due to stress, lack of sleep, weight, or any number of things.

The stupidest thing I ever had a doctor tell me, when I was in my 20s, was that I was too young to have anything be seriously wrong with me.  My first thought was to wonder if he had gotten his diploma out of a box of Cracker Jack, my second thoughts were of 5 yr olds with brain tumors and 10 yr olds with leukemia.  I didn't say anything, but I think the look on my face gave me away -- the last few minutes of our visit were very strained, and I did not see him a second time.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 12, 2015, 01:52:21 AM
Quote from: Velma on November 11, 2015, 04:46:21 PM
Not uncommon for women to be told their health problems are due to stress, lack of sleep, weight, or any number of things.

The stupidest thing I ever had a doctor tell me, when I was in my 20s, was that I was too young to have anything be seriously wrong with me.  My first thought was to wonder if he had gotten his diploma out of a box of Cracker Jack, my second thoughts were of 5 yr olds with brain tumors and 10 yr olds with leukemia.  I didn't say anything, but I think the look on my face gave me away -- the last few minutes of our visit were very strained, and I did not see him a second time.

The stupidest thing I ever had a doctor tell me was that the pain I felt on the left side of my abdomen was in my head. Like you, I didn't say anything, but I thought, "Um...No, I'm pretty sure the pain is on the left side of my abdomen...not my head." I did not see him a second time.

By the way, BooksCatsEtc, it's nice to 'see' you again. :daisies:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on November 12, 2015, 02:29:53 AM
By the way, BooksCatsEtc, it's nice to 'see' you again. :daisies:

Aw, thank you!  I love daisies.

Did you ever find out what the pain in your abdomen was?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 12, 2015, 04:16:42 AM
It's a long story, but the answer to your question is, yes.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on November 12, 2015, 06:06:24 AM
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on November 12, 2015, 01:36:37 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 12, 2015, 06:06:24 AM

Ha-Ha! ;D
No! >:(
It wasn't anything like that. It was no big deal, really. Just took large quantities of Pepto-Bismol and that took care of my little problem:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.