Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Those are quite atmospheric, JJ. I assume they are straight shots without post-processing? What is that body of water?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Very minimal processing, aside from a crop. That's the James River. It's four and a half miles wide at Newport News.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Two lovely photos. Newport News has quite a few warships does it not?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

There's a large shipyard but the naval air station in Norfolk is the big base. The biggest, actually.

Icarus

jumbojak

jumbojak

jumbojak

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on September 22, 2018, 01:11:15 AM

Wow, congrats on the photo. Now I am jealous. What a beautiful shot. I think the out of focus moon actually works well in this case.

I hope you're going to submit some good photos in the next challenge that will be announced soon.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Nah, I'm no good at all. I just get lucky and it's better to be lucky than good most days.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

There was a loud thump ftom the kitchen thus afternoon - and I found this "ghost bird" on the window. Have the feeling it was one of the local wood pigeons.

Terrible thing to try to capture, the right wing goes up at the same angle as the left goes down. You can see details of some of the festhers.  I csn't see the bit of downstairs garden nearest the house (without a mirror on a stick) but I am guessing that was a Cat 5 bird strike. Third one in two months but the largest.

Night shots no good, only refleftions of the camera.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74