Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 17, 2018, 07:43:40 AM
Quote from: No one on July 22, 2017, 01:31:34 AM
mags:
It's a beautiful afternoon here in Los Angeles. 
It's the perfect time for, Kendrick Lamar- LOVE. (feat. Zacari)

Kendrick Lamar wins Pulitzer Prize for music.
QuoteRapper Kendrick Lamar has won the Pulitzer Prize for music , becoming the first non-classical or jazz artist to collect the award.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-43789936

Davin
P. Bruno
Pasta chick

"High Five!"  :grin:

Where is Keke right now!  :grrr:

NPR Music has a good article discussing how this came about it (See below)with an interesting interview with Farah Jasmine Griffin, who is a professor specializing in African-American literature and music at Columbia University who was one of five jurors on the Pulitzer Prize Committee.

I think this quote from the article is extremely relevant.

QuoteYeah. I think it's beautiful. I think it's one of the tragic ironies of our existence here. And, you know, I think that there's really something about this moment. I mean, that's what art does, right? Art, at its best, reflects and shapes its time and its moment. And I think it maybe gives a little hope that the doors aren't completely closed, that there's still [something] that feeds us as we struggle through the muck and mire. There's still some spaces of possibility, even when we're ready to say, well, this is all foreclosed. It's never all foreclosed.

How The Pulitzer Jury Opened Its Doors To Hip-Hop

#TimesTheyAreChanging
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Pretty good song, like the beat, butt the video is fucking awesome...can you guess which one is me? 8)

Coldplay - Adventure Of A Lifetime

Probably the best ever music video, ever.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

No one:
Further proof there is no god

Raps247:
...In your realm

No one:
So you're saying in your realm there is a god?

Raps247:
So you're saying in your realm, a rapper winning a Pulitzer Prize is proof that there is no god? How?

If there was a loving and just god there is no way rap could win such a prestigious award, let alone exist.

Raps247:
You've mentioned many times how much you dislike humans, you exclude yourself from us. I don't know if you're joking.

NO! I am not joking! I hate them with an absolute fucking passion! I like certain persons, but, I fucking despise humans!

Icarus

Watch the brilliant finger work of this talented young woman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVRKwScVKM.   

That is not easy and not in the same world as the garage band guitarists.

Icarus

Well shux...The one I meant to post is not this one......never mind, this one is pretty good too.

Icarus

Here is the one I had intended, the one with the remarkable finger manipulation.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRXkk3NvEtA 

This musician is also a pretty woman, which adds to the pleasing quality of her considerable ability. 

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on April 21, 2018, 10:45:52 AM
No one:
Further proof there is no god

Raps247:
...In your realm

No one:
So you're saying in your realm there is a god?

Raps247:
So you're saying in your realm, a rapper winning a Pulitzer Prize is proof that there is no god? How?

If there was a loving and just god there is no way rap could win such a prestigious award, let alone exist.

Raps247:
You've mentioned many times how much you dislike humans, you exclude yourself from us. I don't know if you're joking.

NO! I am not joking! I hate them with an absolute fucking passion! I like certain persons, but, I fucking despise humans!

I'm sorry to say this but your realm sounds, "ugly." But, hey! We live where we want to live, don"t we?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Raps247:
I'm sorry to say this but your realm sounds, "ugly."

Well rap exists in this realm, so, ugly is an understatement.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on April 22, 2018, 07:27:12 AM
Raps247:
I'm sorry to say this but your realm sounds, "ugly."

Well rap exists in this realm, so, ugly is an understatement.
Wow!

Well rap exists in this realm, but we don't enjoy staying in negative town for too long, so we need rap, it "lifts" us.

Tom62

R.I.P Avicii
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

Raps247:
Well rap exists in this realm, but we don't enjoy staying in negative town for too long, so we need rap, it "lifts" us.

"Lifts" really? Talk about a WOW! statement.

But seriously, you enjoy the stuff, more power to you. Personally, I would rather be dipped in honey and fed to fire ants than willfully listen to it. In all honesty, it pains me to hear it. Like it literally hurts. I want to puke when I hear it.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on April 22, 2018, 08:16:34 AM
Raps247:

"Lifts" really? Talk about a WOW! statement.

But seriously, you enjoy the stuff, more power to you. Personally, I would rather be dipped in honey and fed to fire ants than willfully listen to it. In all honesty, it pains me to hear it. Like it literally hurts. I want to puke when I hear it.
Yes, "lifts." Must be the "boom" in it that gets your blood going...But you wouldn't understand.

You should see a doctor for your "vomiting condition."
May I suggest: Dr. Dre..?

No one

Raps247:
that gets your blood going...But you wouldn't understand.

My blood has stop pumping, I am left to decay.