News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

No one

jumbojak:
I've been listening to Les Claypool's Lennon Delirium. It has a 60s feel with a bit more bass and Les' lyricism. Very nice.

Very nice indeed. I dig them. I owe it all to Spotify.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Harmonie

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 31, 2018, 07:18:31 PM
That one works, thank you. :D

It's an interesting song. I don't think I've heard of anything similar.

Yeah, it sounds quite different even for British Folk. Most people will probably hear the drone entrance and probably lose interest. =( But this song is totally my jam right now. It gets me moving.  :lol:

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 31, 2018, 07:21:43 PM
I don't don't understand why after this the Oboe didn't go mainstream.

I don't know why the oboe wasn't mainstream to begin with! The Baroque era was when oboe was queen. We must go back to those days! (er... only musically, though. Certainly only musically!)

Most people don't listen for instruments. The oboe has a very prominent role in Madonna's Crazy For You, but I remember going to the Wikipedia page (this was a couple of years back at least, it might have been fixed) and the author of the article couldn't even identify the instrument only referring to it was a "woodwind" (shocked they even got that far in their identification, TBH).

Bands in the 1960s/70s understood how good the instrument was, though, case and point:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

What a Radiohead/Hans Zimmer baby sounds like:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I think I have fallen in love with this song:

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 31, 2018, 02:09:47 PM

I like this unofficial video of that song.

And I also like their, "Kill Your Heroes" song and this video.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Have some fun with these immensely talented women from Hamburg.  They are clowning here, so laugh it up..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX2grJZDrmg

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on April 04, 2018, 02:28:27 AM
Have some fun with these immensely talented women from Hamburg.  They are clowning here, so laugh it up..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX2grJZDrmg

A bit of irony there, because they're Germans. Poor Vera is turning in her grave!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Sure enough Vera Lynn may not approve the clowning in the Salut Salon piece.

That music has been used as background for some bad scenes.

It was also used for the theme of the doomsday movie Dr. Strangelove and the Slim Pickens bomb riding end. 

Despite the bad rap, I find parts of that song soothing.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on April 04, 2018, 10:09:00 PM
Sure enough Vera Lynn may not approve the clowning in the Salut Salon piece.

That music has been used as background for some bad scenes.

It was also used for the theme of the doomsday movie Dr. Strangelove and the Slim Pickens bomb riding end. 

Despite the bad rap, I find parts of that song soothing.

I actually liked their performance. I remember that scene with the bomb at the end. Kubrick was an interesting person, which probably accounts for his brilliance as a director
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

Some Early Music before I go to bed.

Landini and his distinctive cadences, I love!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony