News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

For Hermes

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 11, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 12, 2018, 03:12:44 PM
I was just about to ask if they came with an eye patch but you beat me to it... it's s thought though.  :felix:

:sidesmile:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I feel a bad joke coming on...If I had a parrot, I would probably name it Isaac Newton, because it would literally stand on the shoulder of giants. :tapemouth:

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 03:24:44 PM
I feel a bad joke coming on...If I had a parrot, I would probably name it Isaac Newton, because it would literally stand on the shoulder of giants. :tapemouth:

:lol:

A little girl asked me recently whether I was a pirate. I said "Yes, that's my profession."
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

How tall are you?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 12, 2018, 03:45:36 PM

A little girl asked me recently whether I was a pirate. I said "Yes, that's my profession."

:rofl: it would just be too tempting.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: TankYouVeryMuch on December 12, 2018, 03:53:27 PM

How tall are you?

6' 12" she used to play for the Brazilia Anacondas...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 12, 2018, 03:45:36 PM

xSilverPhinx

How tall are you?

1.77m. :grin:

I have tall parents. My father and brother are around 1.90m tall. I'm taller than my mother but she also has a brother who's almost at 2 meters. In her case it must be the German influence. I don't know where my father gets his height from, though.

But to a parrot any human would be giant, really. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 12, 2018, 04:24:39 PM

How tall are you?

6' 12" she used to play for the Brazilia Anacondas...

:snooty: Say it in meters! I'm too lazy to open an online converter each time I see something in feet and inches. 

:P

jumbojak

Well 6' 12" is the same as 7' so about... 2.15m?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 12, 2018, 05:35:13 PM
Well 6' 12" is the same as 7' so about... 2.15m?

Only to my enemies.  :devil:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 05:20:06 PM

How tall are you?

1.77m. :grin:

I have tall parents. My father and brother are around 1.90m tall. I'm taller than my mother but she also has a brother who's almost at 2 meters. In her case it must be the German influence. I don't know where my father gets his height from, though.

But to a parrot any human would be giant, really. :grin:

5ft 10" same as me :grin:

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 03:07:43 AM
A perfectly good home it may be, but it's a cage.  :-\
But it was The Parrot™'s cage! The Asmo's ratties would have been displeased if He ruined their home like that too... They liked hiding in it, what with being very, very small, and thus in need of some hiding on occasion.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2018, 12:03:11 PM
But it was The Parrot™'s cage! The Asmo's ratties would have been displeased if He ruined their home like that too... They liked hiding in it, what with being very, very small, and thus in need of some hiding on occasion.

My Lulu only sleeps in her cage, so we call it her bedroom. The rest of the day she wanders about doing whatever she wants, usually something naughty.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2018, 12:03:11 PM

Rats have prey mentality.  :snooty:

:P :grin: