Who Is God?

Started by Arturo, April 14, 2018, 02:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

We are a reflection of god... or god is a reflection of us?

xSilverPhinx

Good video, thanks for uploading.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Old Seer

Apparently, according to that---God is the one's who decide who and what God is. God would have to be "what any authority is".
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Rift Zone

I find this to be rather interesting and informative:

In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Old Seer

Quote from: joeactor on April 14, 2018, 03:08:38 PM
Agree. That's why religion isn't needed. All one needs to do is understand the self.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Arturo

Interestingly, listening to the guy Jordan Peterson on youtube (you can find him say the same thing several times in many locations so I won't post a source). The highest ideal one has is their "god". So he sells this thing called "self authoring" and in doing so, a person chooses their personal "god". What I understand in certain mental illnesses like OCD and suicidal ideaton, is that suicide is often an uncontrollable thought that enters one's mind. And in some cases, it becomes associated with euphoria. So it's like suicide becomes a person's "personal god" and drives them through life, destroying them along the way.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Arturo on April 14, 2018, 02:32:36 PM

A good find.

Let me add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1PDxeUynA

Your link works quite well as a describer of Gnostic Christianity more than Christianity.
They separated man from God and Gnostic Christians have put God back in man where he or she belongs.

We recognize that we are to try to become the best humans we can be, to the point that when we think we are nearing that lofty height, some or our older sects and adherents advertised the fact by naming themselves Parfait. That is French for perfected ones.

At that point, we know we are better than what some of the God that we have created and we put ourselves above them.

My God I call I am. Here is why. Apologies for the longer post.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our God "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

We create all the God so a refection of us, as a wish list, is what God is.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Old Seer on April 15, 2018, 01:10:01 PM
Apparently, according to that---God is the one's who decide who and what God is. God would have to be "what any authority is".

Indeed, and the only authority we trust the most is ourselves. We are our controllers.

Your God, is I am, and when you say that you do mean you.

Please have a loot at my longer post above.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Old Seer on April 16, 2018, 03:44:13 PM
Agree. That's why religion isn't needed. All one needs to do is understand the self.

I agre with your last.

I do not agree, with your view of religions not being needed and neither will all the atheists who are starting up atheist churches.

We have tribal natures and atheists who start churches know this and think they have to have a place for their children to get the fellowship that their tribal natures crave.

They are creating atheist churches so as to not lose their children to one of the brain killing supernaturally based lying churches.

Atheist churches are almost identical to what the old Gnostic Christian churches looked like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtJPSmI9pY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64_El2s7FU

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Arturo on April 26, 2018, 08:56:03 PM
Interestingly, listening to the guy Jordan Peterson on youtube (you can find him say the same thing several times in many locations so I won't post a source). The highest ideal one has is their "god". So he sells this thing called "self authoring" and in doing so, a person chooses their personal "god". What I understand in certain mental illnesses like OCD and suicidal ideaton, is that suicide is often an uncontrollable thought that enters one's mind. And in some cases, it becomes associated with euphoria. So it's like suicide becomes a person's "personal god" and drives them through life, destroying them along the way.

Let me assume you read what I put above.

You seem like a free thinker, so tell us, are you your own God and best authority or do you let someone else do your decisions for you?

If you are not "self authoring", then who is your author?

Regards
DL

No one

god, is humankinds massive irrational fears of the unknown, coupled with their gargantuan over valued self importance!

Arturo

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on May 06, 2018, 07:15:10 PM
Quote from: Arturo on April 26, 2018, 08:56:03 PM

Let me assume you read what I put above.

You seem like a free thinker, so tell us, are you your own God and best authority or do you let someone else do your decisions for you?

If you are not "self authoring", then who is your author?

Regards
DL

The "self-authoring" is just a device used to direct your life. You decide what you want to do, what your highest possible achievable goal and ideal, and ideal life is, then you go do it. And you break it down into steps to make it possible to get there. Then when you do, you can say that you are "god" in a way. It certainly gives you a high. However, that doesn't save you from reality. But I'm sure you know that. I'll have you watch this little video that I like to play to people sometimes in your position.

Arturo The1  リ壱