Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.

Started by Tank, December 19, 2015, 11:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2019, 08:40:09 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2019, 03:47:17 AM
Is this thread only for puns, or are spoonerisms and malapropisms allowed as well?

Title changed to reflect evolution of the forum zeitgeist to; Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.

I thank you from the heart of my bottom.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

joeactor

Dark Lightning

;D I like him, but my wife can't stand his shtick. She has other redeeming features, though.

joeactor

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 26, 2019, 02:42:54 PM
;D I like him, but my wife can't stand his shtick. She has other redeeming features, though.

;D ;D ;D

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 26, 2019, 01:48:13 AM
Not a pun but maybe useful to Silver and the sister thing......... Do you realize the the words: Dammit I,m mad....can be spelled both forward and backward.

That's cool.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

If Tank adds palindromes to the thread title, it's gonna get kind of crowded with words.

Bad Penny II

There's been drought inland, the Murray-Darling river system is suffering, FISH HAVE DIED! :'(
Those evil upstream cotton irrigators have been snavelling all the water.
So there are enquiries going on, I heard a Greens senator on the radio saying the results will be damning.

Hey stop throwing your old vegetables at me! That's funny damn you, damning sounds exactly the same as damming.
Unappreciative bastards, I don't think I'll bother any more.
Some of this stuff is quite edible, this zucchini isn't too flexible.
They're $4 a kg.
More puns?
I'm going to try for an avocado.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Harr! $4/kg!? That kind of price puts it in marital aid territory.

xSilverPhinx

joeactor

Dark Lightning

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.