Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Media / Re: HAF Book Club: April poll and discussion
« Last post by Icarus on Today at 08:01:05 PM »
The Tortilla Curtain sounds like a timely subject for post read discussion.
Media / Re: HAF Book Club a dead horse?
« Last post by Icarus on Today at 07:59:07 PM »
Sandy you have been a real champ with running the book club.  I am much in favor of book clubs even though I have not participated in reader discussions.  My bad.  I have in fact read some of the past selections when they were available from my library.  As a certified cheap skate I am not inclined to go out to Books A Million or Barnes and Noble or even Amazon.  Sooner or later the book will become available at the library but that may not be during the club discussion interval.   If we continue I will try to loosen up a little bit and participate.

Whether we continue or not, I thank you sincerely for the effort you have put into the project.  I think that you deserve one of these..... :grouphug:

Laid Back Lounge / Re: HAF Classed as 'Alternative Beliefs'!!!
« Last post by Icarus on Today at 07:28:22 PM »
Chris; That the classification became "global religions" is evidence of the ignorance of a huge proportion of humanity.  The word ignorance is not to be interpreted as a pejorative. It simply means that there is something that a person does not know.  I wonder how long it will take us to explain to the general public that absence of belief is not a religion.

Yoga and Tai-Chi have some spiritual components but they are not religions.  Many people are certain that they are forms of religion. We have had some schools that used Yoga as an alternative form of physical education.  Bible people, on learning that Yoga was being used in phys-ed classes, became all atwitter and promptly had the practice summarily banned.

:Gaah:
Three minutes.
Current Events / Re: The New Zealand shooting - a bit of a ramble
« Last post by Bad Penny II on Today at 03:25:37 PM »
Personally, I consider myself indirectly wronged by those within my society who would mutilate their children, and so I have a problem with that practice, and even go as far as actively opposing it.

Do you? that seems a bit convoluted to me
Define convoluted
Convoluted: Highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious
I didn't have the "and occasionally devious" in mind when I used it.
Redefining in ignorance?
Yes, maybe, I don't know.

I'd be viscerally appalled.
That's the beauty of diversity in action.
Yes of course, the beauty of diversity.
How long was that exposure? I am guessing a few minutes?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: HAF Classed as 'Alternative Beliefs'!!!
« Last post by Dark Lightning on Today at 02:19:38 PM »
May be why AF.org is currently a static page for me since about 3 PM yesterday (3/19/19)?

"Global Religions"? Must be a Christ-puncher at the helm at FortiGard. Never heard of that before, btw.
Yes... I don't know why my phone does that. Then again it's probably my fat fingers.

No. It's God just fucking with you!
Yes... I don't know why my phone does that. Then again it's probably my fat fingers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10