News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Astronomers discover planet that never was

Started by Tank, April 20, 2020, 09:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

QuoteWhat astronomers thought was a planet beyond our solar system has now seemingly vanished from sight, suggesting that what was heralded as one of the first exoplanets to ever be discovered with direct imaging likely never existed...

Fascinating article.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2020, 09:54:17 PM

QuoteWhat astronomers thought was a planet beyond our solar system has now seemingly vanished from sight, suggesting that what was heralded as one of the first exoplanets to ever be discovered with direct imaging likely never existed...

Fascinating article.

:chin: Intriguing dust cloud!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2020, 10:03:58 PM

Fascinating article.

:chin: Intriguing dust cloud!

Very.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Fascinating article.

I agree. A vanishing ghost planet!   :sidesmile:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

That makes me sad -- icy clouds just aren't the same.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Randy

Fascinating article.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes mistakes. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on May 14, 2020, 03:43:47 AM

Fascinating article.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes mistakes. :)

I personally think that astronomers and astrophysicists have it rough. They have to rely on the senses of instruments that have can serious failings to garner some sort of truth data out of the universe. A lot of what is seen in a telescope is open to conjecture.