Started by Dave, December 13, 2016, 03:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2017, 11:52:41 PM
Quote from: Arturo on August 03, 2017, 01:47:31 AM
Well I really meant English alphabet... ;D

*hides*

:foottap:

:P I like the alphabet with the added letters. How else would I say :wtf: without it?  :cracked:

;D ;D ;D
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Whilst filling out a physio online self referral form I had to record my height and weight, 159cm and 62.5kg. Decided to check on my BMI - 24.7, only just healthy..

Just occurred to me, I suffered vitamin D deficiency as a kid (post war diet syndrome, "ricketts") so I am bandy legged. Straighten my leg bones out and I reckon I would gain a couple of inches. After all a sheet of paper is intrinsicaly the same length whether laid flat or folded.

That would make my BMI 23.4, better!   :grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Helping a friend's dsughter set up progs and accounts on a laptop this afternoon. To test Word I typed in the usual, "The quick brown fox . . ."  then a couple of old armed forces ones, "Of all the fishes in the oggin the mermaid is the best for snoggin" ("oggin" is Royal Navy slang for "sea").and, "Of all the bottles in the bar the full ones are the best by far,"

As a philosophical point it has, once again, struck me that the last one is not right - the best bottles are the empty ones if the chances are that some, at least, of their original contents are in me!

Firebird

*Stumbling in from the cold*
"Oh hi." Almost like he'd been here the whole time and hadn't vanished for months.
"Hi...?" said everyone else, eying each other, not sure what to say.
"Don't worry, I never really left. Just been lurking in the corner here the whole time."
Very reassuring. Not creepy at all. Awkward pause. "What's with the cast?" someone finally asks.
"Got into a fight with the sidewalk, and the sidewalk won."
"Oh... Sorry?"
"Yeah, well, lots has happened. Haven't had time to stop by. Only finally did now because I couldn't sleep and had time to kill. And really, how many more angry political posts can you write on Facebook before you just bore yourself too? Finally deactivated the fucking thing. Temporarily of course. I'm not crazy!"
Uncertain nods all around.
"Anyway, better try again before my kid wakes up crying in four hours. Keep the faith! Just kidding. Please don't, amirite?? Bye."
"Who was that?" asks a relative newcomer.
The corner starts gathering dust again.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on March 07, 2018, 06:35:35 AM
*Stumbling in from the cold*
"Oh hi." Almost like he'd been here the whole time and hadn't vanished for months.
"Hi...?" said everyone else, eying each other, not sure what to say.
"Don't worry, I never really left. Just been lurking in the corner here the whole time."
Very reassuring. Not creepy at all. Awkward pause. "What's with the cast?" someone finally asks.
"Got into a fight with the sidewalk, and the sidewalk won."
"Oh... Sorry?"
"Yeah, well, lots has happened. Haven't had time to stop by. Only finally did now because I couldn't sleep and had time to kill. And really, how many more angry political posts can you write on Facebook before you just bore yourself too? Finally deactivated the fucking thing. Temporarily of course. I'm not crazy!"
Uncertain nods all around.
"Anyway, better try again before my kid wakes up crying in four hours. Keep the faith! Just kidding. Please don't, amirite?? Bye."
"Who was that?" asks a relative newcomer.
The corner starts gathering dust again.
Oh, my Asmo...
:rofl:
This is funny.

You sound wonderful, Firebird;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Glad you are still around, Firebird!

Firebird

Quote from: Magdalena on March 07, 2018, 07:42:12 AM

Oh, my Asmo...
This is funny.

Personally I'm doing great (besides the wrist) and miss you all, but life is alas busy. Firechicklet is going through a sleep regression, (notice it's 6 am now). And being a progressive political junkie in this country has been sucking my soul dry, so I've been going through periods of anxiety and rage, hence logging off Facebook and Twitter for a whole 5 hours now (hopefully a while). So I'm crazed at the moment.
Thank you for letting me scream. Now back to bed hopefully. 
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dragonia

I hope Firechicklet gets the sleep thing worked out quick!
I know so well, that zombie-ish, halfway-to-crazy haze that a little one can induce.
Hang in there! :thumbsup: :zombie2:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Hello again Firebird! Or should we call you Tiredbird now? :grin: ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Firebird

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 07, 2018, 02:45:26 PM
Rawwk rawwwk....rawwwk....zzzzzzz

Congrats on your admission, by the way!

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on March 07, 2018, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 07, 2018, 07:42:12 AM

Oh, my Asmo...
This is funny.

... And being a progressive political junkie in this country has been sucking my soul dry, so I've been going through periods of anxiety and rage, hence logging off Facebook and Twitter for a whole 5 hours now (hopefully a while). So I'm crazed at the moment.
I know what you mean. :faints:
I'm taking a "little break" from this, as well.

Ahhhhh..... :levitate:

...And I'm done with the break....

:devil2:

Our governor just did this to Sessions:  :f you:

QuoteLate Tuesday, California Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, slammed the Trump administration and cast Sessions' legal maneuvering as a political stunt -- going so far as to imitate Trump's style on Twitter.

"At a time of unprecedented political turmoil, Jeff Sessions has come to California to further divide and polarize America," Brown said on Twitter. "Jeff, these political stunts may be the norm in Washington, but they don't work here. SAD!!!"

:snicker:
They're such rebels.

Good to hear from you, again.
I think I saw you lurking behind the plants.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on March 07, 2018, 09:42:02 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 07, 2018, 02:45:26 PM
Rawwk rawwwk....rawwwk....zzzzzzz

Congrats on your admission, by the way!

Thanks! :grin:

(Another reason not to sleep during the proper times, heh.)

xSilverPhinx

About 10 years ago I was an incurable night owl, sleeping all day and staying awake all night. When I started uni again that had to change, but now I feel like my sleeping patterns are slowing edging towards total inversion again, which isn't a good thing. I'm not the carefree and somewhat aimless person I once was, and now that I'm older I feel if I don't get a good night's sleep I'm useless the next day.

I don't know what to do about that.