News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Hi there!

Started by Dragon_Of_Heavon, July 26, 2009, 03:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzikait

Hello all. Californian here. I figured out I was an atheist when...well that's kind of hard to say. I was raised Catholic, but I'm never sure I actually believed in a god. If I did, I certainly thought that he was just someone who only priests could talk to. I've poked around and explored lots of religions, and while many are interesting and fascinating... I just can't rationalize the thought of any kind of god in my head, it doesn't make sense, with all the contradictions in religion and how people who are religious often behave. Since I live in CA, I hear about all the tinniest details of the Prop 8 fallout (That's what I compare it to, it destroyed people's lives just like a nuclear bomb would). The hate that some people have for the gay community astounds and saddens me, but what confounds me further is the fact that they rationalize their hate using religion. So I guess that's it, besides the fact that I'm a student and a proud atheist, that I need to put in this intro!

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Dragon_Of_Heavon

Welcome to the forum DizziKait, can never have to many good minds.
When the last bastion of religion falls the religious will look up at the sky and ask their God why? And then they will collapse wailing and grinding their teeth. The atheist will look at his feet and say "I think that I can build something better here!"

Whitney

Hi DizziKait, welcome to the forum.