News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Daddy Bush A Mass Murderer?

Started by Sophus, December 30, 2010, 11:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

I usually like Bill Hicks, minus his JFK conspiracy bit. In honor of a new documentary out about him I decided to listen to some of his old routines. Does anyone know what he's talking about here when he refers to George Bush senior's policy in South America that involves genocide? Is this just hyperbole or what?

[youtube:2zuuz464]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7NIytv1LOE[/youtube:2zuuz464]
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Sophus

This is the except.
QuotePeople would say to me, 'Bill, you vote for Clinton, he's gonna raise your taxes. A vote for Clinton is a vote for higher taxes.' See, I have news for you, folks -- the reason I didn't vote for George Bush is because George Bush (along with Ronald Reagan) presided over an administration whose policies towards South America included genocide. So the reason I didn't vote for him is because he's a mass murderer. I'll pay that extra nickel on a liter of petrol just knowing that little brown kids aren't being clubbed to death like baby seals in Honduras so Pepsi can put a plant down there.

Think I may have finally found something. This old NY Times article says, "A truth commission report made public today concluded that the United States gave money and training to a Guatemalan military that committed ''acts of genocide'' against the Mayans during the most brutal armed conflict in Central America, Guatemala's 36-year civil war." Don't know how much that says about the then Presidents though considering it says, "Mr. Tomuschat, the chairman, said, ''The results of our investigation demonstrate that, in general, the excuse that midlevel commanders acted with a wide margin of autonomy -- an excuse used in an attempt to justify what happened as 'excesses' and 'error' not ordered by superiors -- is unsubstantiated and totally lacking any basis.''.  :hmm: The claims against Reagan make a little more sense with his whole El Salvado fiasco.

I like Bill but I'm skeptical.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

The Magic Pudding

I heard this, but I assume it is common knowledge,

QuoteJohn Dinges: Noriega went to Washington in 1976. He was now head of intelligence, and he meets with George Bush. George Bush Senior was then the head of the CIA. They had a very cordial meeting and it was the beginning of a long relationship of collaboration between Noriega and the US CIA. It was a paid relationship, he received about $10,000 a month, and over the period of a number of years, received several hundred thousand dollars from the United States both from the Pentagon and from the CIA.
QuoteRM Koster: One of the things he did to the west was to help the clandestine airlift of weapons to the contras in Nicaragua, and this was against the law of the United States. Congress had passed a series of amendments forbidding that stuff, so when he was making sure that the United States could get the guns shipped down from Beaumont, Texas, to clandestine airstrips in Central America that Noriega had set up for his own smuggling operations. Then when the planes went back to the States they were empty. So what did he do? He put drugs on them, and that was the kind of thing that Noriega couldn't stop doing. He couldn't stop working one side and working the other side at the same time. He couldn't be straight, he couldn't do things without messing up, because as he got higher and higher, the different roles he was playing were conflicting, and you can very well imagine how annoyed people got in Washington over this. The main problem though wasn't Noriega, the problem was that we had two governments: we had a visible government run by Ronald Reagan, and an invisible government which Ollie North took the blame for running, but which I think was run by George Herbert Walker Bush.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/rearvision/sto ... 58474.htm#