News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Why don't you believe in an afterlife?

Started by slayerment, October 30, 2008, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmore

Quote from: "slayerment"1. I don't see how our mind and brain could be the same thing. Does science really show that the brain is actually where "we" come from, or is it simply the CPU for the body? Where is our personality and consciousness actually located? Take a TV for instance. While a TV may have a picture that is being presented on one end, the actual TV itself is really just interpreting a signal that is projected from an external source. But what is the actual source in relation to the TV? This is the same way I believe our mind and brains work together. The brain is interfacing with the mind signal.

Personality has been documented to change when certain parts of the brain have been damaged. So it's safe to say that personality is located in the brain.

I think consciousness is just the pattern formed by our entire brain activity. Take your TV example : the TV only shows a matrix of individual coloured dots/pixels, but if we look at them all at once we see a picture.
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.