News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Two of the bites I got on Sunday may be infected. They hurt like hell. But I can't drive to the doctor because I've a cold and am stoned on Benadryl and can't drive. >:(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Fireball on September 13, 2018, 06:11:10 PM
Two of the bites I got on Sunday may be infected. They hurt like hell. But I can't drive to the doctor because I've a cold and am stoned on Benadryl and can't drive. >:(

Taxi? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2018, 10:04:29 PM

Good suggestion! I'm going to tough it out a couple more days. The doctor is a little over 20 miles away. Certainly doable with a taxi, but I just don't want to drop the bucks.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Fireball on September 13, 2018, 10:20:24 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2018, 10:04:29 PM

Good suggestion! I'm going to tough it out a couple more days. The doctor is a little over 20 miles away. Certainly doable with a taxi, but I just don't want to drop the bucks.

There could be cheaper alternatives, such as Uber or Cabify. You would have to download the app to your phone though, if you haven't already, and if those services are indeed available where you live.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

If you can lay hands on any try tea tree oil. I thought it was crazy when someone suggested it for a badly infected cut on my finger, but it worked.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 13, 2018, 10:41:12 PM
If you can lay hands on any try tea tree oil. I thought it was crazy when someone suggested it for a badly infected cut on my finger, but it worked.

Or slice an aloe vera leaf and rub the juice on it . . . Or an onion . . . Garlic?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

Quote from: jumbojak on September 13, 2018, 10:41:12 PM

Tea tree oil is a recognised anti septic.  Very effective.  It is the oil of Melaleuca alternifolia, native to south-east Queensland and the north-east coast of New South Wales.  Yet another Australian gift to the world!   :grin:
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

I has me a bruised muscle, secondary to a deadly-infectious case of bronchitis, and it SUCKS.  :(

The Asmo, he's practically falling apart these days.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Bluenose

Quote from: Asmodean on September 14, 2018, 02:57:09 PM
I has me a bruised muscle, secondary to a deadly-infectious case of bronchitis, and it SUCKS.  :(

The Asmo, he's practically falling apart these days.  >:(

The Asmo is not alone, broken blood glucose control, broken kidneys, broken hemoglobin levels, broken blood pressure.  Getting old has only one thing going for it -  it's better than the alternative.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Yeah, growing old ain't for sissies.  :)

One of my neighbors is a sing maker. I saw this gem one day-

"If you are over 50, and you woke up this morning and nothing hurt, you died in your sleep."

Velma

Quote from: Fireball on September 14, 2018, 04:18:17 PM
Yeah, growing old ain't for sissies.  :)

One of my neighbors is a sing maker. I saw this gem one day-

"If you are over 50, and you woke up this morning and nothing hurt, you died in your sleep."
At this point, if I woke up and nothing hurt, that would be my first thought. I keep a bottle of lidocaine lotion next to my bed for those times that some hurty part wakes me up. Pain that once upon a time would have had me heading to the doctor, now only wakes me up long enough to apply some topical pain ointment. Yeah, growing old isn't for weenies.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

There have been over 15 counterfeit 100s come in this week and the form we have to fill in is a PITA.  :bleh:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

Crap! Who knew getting a room ready for new furniture was so much work! Apparently I have not been cleaning under the bed as well as I thought. There was enough cat hair under there to make at least two more cats! And some furline puked under the bed!  :grrr:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Velma on September 14, 2018, 08:53:46 PM
Crap! Who knew getting a room ready for new furniture was so much work! Apparently I have not been cleaning under the bed as well as I thought. There was enough cat hair under there to make at least two more cats! And some furline puked under the bed!  :grrr:

Yuck. My current house, when we went to move in, we discovered bloody hairballs where the previous owner's bed was, in the master bedroom.  :-[

hermes2015

Quote from: Velma on September 14, 2018, 08:53:46 PM

Now you've piqued my interest. Please tell more about your new furniture.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames