News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Deeper into the Trump Abyss.

Started by Dave, January 30, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/918112884630093825
QuoteWith all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!

Looks like Donald wants to trample on the first amendment.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on October 11, 2017, 07:21:09 PM
QuoteWith all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!

Not the first shot he's taken at it, and some people still don't understand the comparisons to Hitler.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 11, 2017, 09:40:25 PM
Quote from: Davin on October 11, 2017, 07:21:09 PM

Not the first shot he's taken at it, and some people still don't understand the comparisons to Hitler.

Perhaps they should invoke Putin, Erdoğan or Nicolás Maduro as being Trump's next level?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

The Donald insists that the media is a pack of conscienceless liars. " Fake news" indeed.  I think it ironic that he, himself, is a well demonstrated lying sack of shit

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Harmonie

^^The Virgin Islands don't have Donald Trump as president? Sounds like a good place. =P

This wasn't the only ridiculous thing Trump said today. He also ensured us all that we'd be able to say Merry Christmas again. Saying that people only avoid saying Merry Christmas to be politically correct, and that he's protecting Judeo-Christian values.

...Yes... He actually said Judeo-Christian values while speaking of how everyone should have to say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays during a month where Jews celebrate a holiday, too.

Trump, the manifestation of the hypocrisy of the Republican, conservatives, Evangelicals/Religious Right that never stops giving.

What's next, forced teacher/staff led prayer in school being disguised under "the right for children to pray at school"?

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dave

QuoteTillerson says in US interest to stay in Iran nuclear deal

As ever confusing stories out of the Trump Shite House. Who to believe, the President and Comander in Chief or one of his secretaries? My money is on the latter on past performance - so what use is the so-called president?

If it weren't for the fact he is the man with his finger on the nuclear button this would be a laugh.

Davin

Quote from: Harmonie on October 14, 2017, 12:32:20 AM
^^The Virgin Islands don't have Donald Trump as president? Sounds like a good place. =P

This wasn't the only ridiculous thing Trump said today. He also ensured us all that we'd be able to say Merry Christmas again. Saying that people only avoid saying Merry Christmas to be politically correct, and that he's protecting Judeo-Christian values.

...Yes... He actually said Judeo-Christian values while speaking of how everyone should have to say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays during a month where Jews celebrate a holiday, too.

Trump, the manifestation of the hypocrisy of the Republican, conservatives, Evangelicals/Religious Right that never stops giving.

What's next, forced teacher/staff led prayer in school being disguised under "the right for children to pray at school"?
Oh the attack on Christmas, like not saying "merry Christmas" is somehow an attack.

Ecurb Noselrub

Trump is driving public discourse into the gutter.  He's the most divisive President since since the 1800s,

Harmonie

Quote from: Davin on October 16, 2017, 03:46:02 PMOh the attack on Christmas, like not saying "merry Christmas" is somehow an attack.

Oh, but that's how Religious Right thinking goes. If they're not being pandered to in every single way they are being persecuted.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 16, 2017, 05:46:06 PM
Trump is driving public discourse into the gutter.  He's the most divisive President since since the 1800s,

(My apologies, this is a tangent on the term "divisive" that has absolutely nothing to do with your usage of it)

Hm... "Divisive". I know you are obviously not referring to it in that way - so do not take this is a rant at what you posted, but instead as a big tangent - but I have come to not really care for that term alongside "Unity". These terms have been used by Trump worshipers ever since he was "elected".

People who were hating on Obama and saying he wasn't their president turned around and called for "unity" when Trump was "chosen", and called those of us who don't like him "divisive".

I don't like either term for that reason. "Unity" is only a good thing when people are unified behind a good cause. I think we all know what happens when unity goes wrong (Nazi Germany, if I have to specify :P). While I don't think Trump is quite comparable to Hitler he is still horrible and extremely harmful/dangerous. I said it back then and I'll say it again, I will not unify behind evil.

If I'm being "divisive" by calling out Trump for what he is, so be it.

Anyway, again, sorry for this rant that had really nothing to do with your post. Just had to post it somewhere. It made me so mad seeing all of those calls for "unity" and hate for "divisiveness" from people who couldn't have cared less for those concepts when Obama was president. It just goes back to my rant recently about how a lot of Republicans do not have nuanced views on these concepts at all, and act like protesting is American, the right thing to do, under a Democrat president, and then universally disrespectful, un-American, etc. under a Republican president. It is the exact same problem with the terms "unity" and "divisiveness". They don't care about these concepts, and feel like they can fly them as a flag of the ultimate "right" at certain times, but then turn around and disregard them when it's not convenient for them.

How can thinking people not see how inconsistent that is?

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Davin

Quote from: Harmonie on October 16, 2017, 09:20:19 PM
Quote from: Davin on October 16, 2017, 03:46:02 PMOh the attack on Christmas, like not saying "merry Christmas" is somehow an attack.

Oh, but that's how Religious Right thinking goes. If they're not being pandered to in every single way they are being persecuted.

Dave

Recusant

Yet both of those Republican senators will very likely continue to vote in aid of the Trump agenda. Corker and Flake, as far as I can tell, doesn't disagree with what Trump would like to do. They'd just rather not have to march behind a malignant buffoon. Links below to the record of how these two have voted in line with Trump.

Bob Corker "Trump score" 86.3%

Jeff Flake "Trump score" 90.0%
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Paul Manafort charges leave President's 'fake news' defence exposed
The Donald's common claims about the probe haven't added up so far.

QuoteThe independent investigation into Trump-Russia collusion just made its most serious move since it began in May. The Washington Post reported on Monday that Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and his former business partner, Rick Gates, have been ordered to surrender to federal authorities.

Both men are charged with 12 counts relating to financial crimes, including conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money and making false statements.

In other words, this Russia investigation is very real.

But, as El Trumpo has claimed, the charges have (so far) nothing to do with his actual campaign. However he did hire a what appears to be a lying and corrupt individual. Maybe not so different to some of his other hirings . . . So, no "due diligence" or vetting of prospective hirees, or were some of their sleazy tendencies an attractive qualification . . . Until they became public knowledge of course. Plausible deniability is a major sleaze tool.