News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Deeper into the Trump Abyss.

Started by Dave, January 30, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Something is up, it's too quiet, is it just the NK thing?

No-one has walked or been thrown out of the White House this week!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Quote from: Dave on September 08, 2017, 08:24:50 PM

Hurricanes. Trump loves crisis. When these have passed, he'll create a new one. (or the old ones will resurface)

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on September 08, 2017, 09:16:36 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 08, 2017, 08:24:50 PM

Hurricanes. Trump loves crisis. When these have passed, he'll create a new one. (or the old ones will resurface)

Damn! HTF did I forget that!  :picard facepalm:

Dave

Dave

America may re-negotiate themselves back into the Paris Accord. (Under the right terms.)

Is another corner of Trump's personal policy, and maybe authority, crumbling?

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on September 17, 2017, 09:39:42 PM
America may re-negotiate themselves back into the Paris Accord. (Under the right terms.)

Is another corner of Trump's personal policy, and maybe authority, crumbling?

Funny how quickly he turns lol. Fox News is still towting as if he is a strong man leader with their head lines like "Trump Achieving His Agenda" and I remember with every Republican President, they always say he keeps his promises.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Yeah, and Murdoch wants to bring something like Fux News to the UK. Another good reason not to have TV!

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on September 19, 2017, 02:19:23 AM
Yeah, and Murdoch wants to bring something like Fux News to the UK. Another good reason not to have TV!

I keep trying to convince my Dad of this but I think he just lives in the moment for theses kinds of things. He linda plays the moment if you get what I'm saying.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Well, we can only hope that Trump doesn't embarrass us too much when he speaks before the UN General Assembly. I'm sure he will, but I'm hopeful, or even expectant that other world leaders will step up and fill the giant void left by this idiot.

At the very least his appearance and whatever sentences he is able to put together should give all of the late night comedy shows some good fodder, so there is that.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 19, 2017, 02:27:42 PM
Well, we can only hope that Trump doesn't embarrass us too much when he speaks before the UN General Assembly. I'm sure he will, but I'm hopeful, or even expectant that other world leaders will step up and fill the giant void left by this idiot.

At the very least his appearance and whatever sentences he is able to put together should give all of the late night comedy shows some good fodder, so there is that.

He called for the UN to be reformed.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 19, 2017, 02:35:26 PM

Which is probably not so bad an idea. Bet he was reading from a script written by someone with sense. Compared to his unfettered utterings all speech writers have sense.

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on September 19, 2017, 02:40:56 PM

Which is probably not so bad an idea. Bet he was reading from a script written by someone with sense. Compared to his unfettered utterings all speech writers have sense.

People also boasted him for donating $1 million to the hurricane harvey recovery effort. This is the same guy who called a million dollars "a small loan". Not only that but that does not put a dent in the relief effort. He probably could have spared more money too.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 19, 2017, 03:03:16 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 19, 2017, 02:40:56 PM

People also boasted him for donating $1 million to the hurricane harvey recovery effort. This is the same guy who called a million dollars "a small loan". Not only that but that does not put a dent in the relief effort. He probably could have spared more money too.
Apples and pairs, Artuto. I am not saying the man is not a shit of the highest order but I do think that the UN is long overdue for a makeover. It dies tendvto be a "talking shop" and, jnfirtunstely, will slways retain a degree if that for as long as there are opposing ideologies on the councils and committees. Abd tryingvto getnopposing ideologies working in concert is its whole reason for being. It takes the threat of a rogue nuclear power to come close to making this happen the way it should.

Behind the scenes there is almost certainly incredible waste and some corruption, not to mention petty obstructive inter-personal and inter-departmental politics. Trump has yet to even start on draining the Washington swamp, I would not trust him to drain this one objectively.

That does not make that particular aspect of his speech wrong. The UN needs an update.

Arturo

I wasn't criticizing your take on it. Just putting out there since it was related.

Anywho, I agree he might be spouting someone else's words. And my issue with that, if it is true, the "reforming the UN" idea might be a way to slip in something that is not supposed to be there. Shoot, they might even kick us out.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

Yeah, and he also threatened to "totally destroy" North Korea and said most of the world is going to hell. Present country excluded, of course.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"