News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Jesus vs Muhammad

Started by zustri, January 24, 2018, 02:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zustri

I always wondered why Jesus appeared in Near Death Experiences, whereas Muhammad is never mentioned in Near Death Experiences. I have read over 50 Islamic Near Death Experiences, and no one has mentioned him. Some say it may be because there is a religious taboo to mentioning him. My response to that is, Muslims have no problem saying they dreamt about Muhammad. If they dream about him, why can't they hallucinate him in NDEs? Does this prove NDEs are true?

I spoke to an NDE expert and he said in the world based on his analysis of NDEs, about 13% of NDErs generally report seeing Jesus. If this is in fact true and not a single Muslim ever saw Muhammad, would this prove Christianity is correct over Islam or more likely to be true? Or would you say there could be other reasons as to why Muhammad doesn't seem to come to NDEs? Some people describe Jesus as just a bright light, others say they can actually see his face. I know that in Islam, there are no pictures of Muhammad, but if people can dream about him, why can't they see him in NDEs?

Magdalena

Quote from: zustri on January 24, 2018, 02:48:18 AM
I know that in Islam, there are no pictures of Muhammad, but if people can dream about him, why can't they see him in NDEs?

Jesus
Near Death Experiences Muhammad
Dreams
Hallucinations 
Christianity
Islam

Wow!
Short answer: I don't know.
If you already spoke to an NDE expert...I don't know what else to tell you.

I am a curious person, but I'm not dying to find out...and you have to die and come back to life to find out...--and that's a "maybe you'll see something or someone"--I'm not that curious.  :shifty:

Most things you will hear about NDE are just testimonies and speculations.
:shrug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

This has a very familiar feeling about it - so reminiscent of other posts we've had from the likes of AngelOfDeath, Sister Agatha, Gnostic Christian Bishop, and others.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 24, 2018, 05:41:09 AM
This has a very familiar feeling about it - so reminiscent of other posts we've had from the likes of AngelOfDeath, Sister Agatha, Gnostic Christian Bishop, and others.

Or we have an example of convergent evolution of a sort where people ask similar questions on atheist forums?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Yes.  :snicker:
Pahu, Lekkat, sweetto, etc.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quotewhy can't they see him in NDEs?

Don't have the foggiest idea . . . different folks, different delusions?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 24, 2018, 05:43:44 AM

Or we have an example of convergent evolution of a sort where people ask similar questions on atheist forums?

Reckon it is the strictly limited mindset. They are not allowed to innovate mentally about such things so the same sorts of questions go around.

No one

Jesus had a better agent. He has exclusive rights to near death experiences.

Sandra Craft

I spoke to an NDE expert and he said in the world based on his analysis of NDEs, about 13% of NDErs generally report seeing Jesus.

It would be nice if you could link something.  Otherwise, this is just hearsay.

QuoteIf this is in fact true and not a single Muslim ever saw Muhammad, would this prove Christianity is correct over Islam or more likely to be true?

Of course not.  What a few people think they see when they think they're dying is truly small potatoes.  There are a huge raft of other things that need evidence provided, examined and tested repeatedly before the myths of Xtianity can be considered fact.  Evidence you aren't likely to get because most of those myths are based on the supernatural for which, by definition, no evidence exists in the natural world.

Altho I only assume that what you mean when you write "prove Xtianity correct" are the myths.  If you mean things like Xtian ethics and rules of behavior, that's philosophy and even murkier than myths.  At least in my opinion.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Of course any claim that gods exist can't be proved anyway because the 'God Hypothesis' is unfalsifiable and as such is simply meaningless conjecture.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

I  Does this prove NDEs are true?

No.  It just shows (if your statistics are correct) that 13% of people who have NDEs see Jesus. 

zustri

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 24, 2018, 04:56:05 PM

No.  It just shows (if your statistics are correct) that 13% of people who have NDEs see Jesus.

I would just love to know why no reports come from Muhammad. People dream about him, so if NDEs are hallucinations, shouldn't they be able to hallucinate him?

Davin

Maybe Muslims aren't as irrational as Christians.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: zustri on January 24, 2018, 07:37:19 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 24, 2018, 04:56:05 PM

I would just love to know why no reports come from Muhammad. People dream about him, so if NDEs are hallucinations, shouldn't they be able to hallucinate him?

Well, I am guessing, if this is a serious question . . .

Consider the perception of Jesus and Muhammad in the minds of the followers of Christianity and Islam. Jesus, "Christ", is seen as a deity in his own right, one of the "Trinity". You could say - in Christian eyes - he outranks Muhammad, a mere note taker - like Moses. Also it has never been agsinst the rules to depict Jesus, though I think depictions of Muhammad were allowed in the early days Wiki. Now it is a capital offence, even for non-Muslims it seems.

Jesus is usually depicted more as a European than a man of Near Eastern extraction - so ask those who "see" him what he looks lke - if he was a blue eyed blonde chances are it's a double-decker delusion. Some interesting pictures here, none of yer medieval nancy-boy stuff!

I understand that the Jewish "saviour" has yet to show him or herself - and they are not even allowed to utter the name of their god in full as I understand it. So no chance of an images on the toast, in the dog's ear (or rear end) or at the edge of death yet then.

Edited 'cos I got the name of the tablet writer wrong! Tut! Sloppy.

Magdalena

Quote from: zustri on January 24, 2018, 07:37:19 PM
Right now, I'm gonna go with this:
Quote from: No one on January 24, 2018, 10:45:52 AM
Jesus had a better agent. He has exclusive rights to near death experiences.
:reading: