News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

How is the forum behaving?

Started by Tank, November 17, 2011, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I am getting error 500 quite a lot, particularly while banning spammers and admin tasks.
One other member has PM'ed me with the 500 error.
The last 2 PM's I have recieved both came in twice.

Has anybody else experienced these (or similar) problems?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

I kept a little log of my most recent string of "500" Errors, in the hopes that it will help the server operators track down the issue:

500 error on November 17, 2011 at 5:01 AM GMT (November 17 at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time US). Error occurred when attempting to access a thread from the "Recent Unread Topics" page.

500 error on November 17, 2011 at 05:09 AM GMT (November 17 at 12:09 AM Eastern Standard Time US). Error occurred when attempting to access a thread from the "Recent Unread Topics" page.

500 error on November 17, 2011 at 05:15 AM GMT (November 17 at 12:15 AM Eastern Standard Time US). Error occurred when attempting to access a thread from the "Recent Unread Topics" page.

500 error on November 17, 2011 at 5:19 AM GMT (November 17 at 12:19 AM Eastern Standard Time US). Error occurred when attempting to refresh the "Recent Unread Topics" page.

Working at November 17, 2011 5:22 GMT (November 17 at 12:22 AM Eastern Standard Time US).

No issue with PMs; my most recent one did not produce a duplicate.  However, sometimes the site seems to freeze up for me when I hit the "Preview" button in attempting to post. In fact it's doing so for this post...

The site had been working fine (as far as I could tell) until I attempted to post this, and now (8:12 AM GMT/3:12 AM Eastern Standard Time US) it's acting up again. No 500 error at the moment, just extremely slow.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding

I'm getting the errors about 30% of the time in the last few days.
I have learnt if I make a post, wait ages and then get the error message, it's best to reload the thread and my post is usually there.
Pages are often failing to load or take ages.

Stevil

The system is running very slow at the moment.

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on November 17, 2011, 08:45:32 AM
Are you getting 'time out' errors as well or is the forum just slow?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Xjeepguy

I get alot of lag when trying to log onto the site, and when I click the link for unread posts.
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

Too Few Lions

I've been getting the Error 500 message a few times too over the past few days

OldGit

It's very, very slow at times and I can't work out any pattern to it.  Also a lot of 500 errors.  Do we wrok through Cloudflare?

Buddy

Oh, I thought the 500 errors we on my end. Hmm wonder what's going on.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

We'll have to wait till Whitney has a look at the errors and the see if our host can do anything about it.

McQ

Quote from: Tank on November 17, 2011, 08:47:01 AM
Quote from: Stevil on November 17, 2011, 08:45:32 AM
Are you getting 'time out' errors as well or is the forum just slow?

I thought it was at my end too!

I've gotten timeout errors too. It's been crazy. I really thought it was at my end though. I guess not!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

It definitly appears to be a host server issue  :(

AnimatedDirt

This has been going on for me since Monday.  I didn't see this thread until now though.
I get the error 500 screen a lot and when posting, it just hangs up.

Tank

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 17, 2011, 06:05:29 PM
This has been going on for me since Monday.  I didn't see this thread until now though.
I get the error 500 screen a lot and when posting, it just hangs up.
This does appear to be a serious issue, I hope something can be done about it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Very slow, lots of "time outs."  I'm getting this on two separate computers, and only on this forum, so it must be this system, I guess.