News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

I don't call myself much of anything.

Started by joeoleson, April 15, 2012, 04:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angler28

I just consider myself a human being. I said in one of my first posts that I 'came out' as an atheist. I definitely do not hold that up to coming out as gay, although some religious people see it that way, from what I've seen. From what I understand, atheist is a term that has been applied to us by religious people in the first place. I could be wrong however.

I agree with Tank in saying that when I say I'm an atheist, it's mainly for the person that I'm talking to so they can immediately know where I stand.
"The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work."

rickrocks

Quote from: joeoleson on April 15, 2012, 04:56:38 PM

Just be yourself; whomever that may be.  The only rule I'd state is the one I've seen here covered by others; being godless does not equal being moral-less.  God is not needed to be a moral person; denying god isn't a free ticket to be an ass.  Other than that, welcome to the three ring circus that is reality; it is a far more enjoyable show when you realize that the script isn't written in stone, it's written as you live it.                 

I'm in your corner 99%. The other 1% goes like this: wouldn't it be nice to not have to look over your shoulder every time you utter something about religion? In this way, don't ask don't tell made possible, with a wink and a nod, to be gay in the military, but it sure isn't the same as serving openly. (draw the parallels)

I do get the sentiment of just wanting to be left to live a life, and I figure the factions that exist are not going anywhere too fast, so to be accommodating is wise. I just wish everyone wasn't so damn sensitive all the time, y'know?