News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

But is it Art? -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, March 23, 2019, 12:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2019, 08:12:06 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2019, 04:29:52 PM
Congratulations, xSilverPhinx. Remember the dream you had? Plants everywhere inside a building.  :snicker:

:o Inside a shopping mall...how spooky! :notsure:

*cue eerie music*

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2019, 08:43:04 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2019, 07:53:32 PM
Congratulations, xSilverPhinx. Remember the dream you had? Plants everywhere inside a building.  :snicker:

It was a premonition!
Um...no. I'm sure it's just a memory that was stored in the hippocampus.  :notsure:

;)

:grin:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

:postoday:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2019, 09:13:59 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2019, 08:43:04 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2019, 07:53:32 PM

It was a premonition!
Um...no. I'm sure it's just a memory that was stored in the hippocampus.  :notsure:

;)

:grin: :grin: :grin:

:postoday:
:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2019, 09:26:05 PM
Damn scientists ruining all the fun. :felix:
Awww, JJ, everyone here knows that I'm not a scientist.  :smileshake: You and I know it was a premonition, but...
:secrets1: I don't want to be seen as a witch anymore, so I learned to speak, Science.

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2019, 11:21:35 PM
Awww, JJ, everyone here knows that I'm not a scientist.  :smileshake: You and I know it was a premonition, but...
:secrets1: I don't want to be seen as a witch anymore, so I learned to speak, Science.

To some people witchery and science are the same thing.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 08, 2019, 06:01:33 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2019, 11:21:35 PM

To some people witchery and science are the same thing.
True.

Recusant

Moving walkway ramps in the central well of Terminal 1 at Charles de Gaulle airport.

Classical dolphin in the main courtyard of the Louvre, image manipulated using Paint.net image software.

The Palais de la Cité in Paris, taken from the Pont Notre-Dame.

Moai head in the Louvre, again manipulated using Paint.net.

Egyptian sarcophagus in the Louvre, image manipulated using Paint.net.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

That reminds me that I haven't given the background info on my entries; will do so soon. Recusant, you have given me the idea that it would be interesting to post some manipulated photos in our other thread from time to time.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Glass head sculpture in a gallery window.

Wall in Venice.

Gondola.

Moulds for two sides of a cast concrete sculpture I made a few month ago.

Battered shipping container in Cape Town.
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Picky, pickey.........Hermes, those parts of your concrete structure appear to be "plugs" not moulds. The plug is the male part of the routine and the mould is the female part in which the concrete or other media is poured or packed.  In any case the sculptoring is rather impressively done and has a bit of a mathematical overtone.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on April 11, 2019, 01:22:57 AM
Picky, pickey.........Hermes, those parts of your concrete structure appear to be "plugs" not moulds. The plug is the male part of the routine and the mould is the female part in which the concrete or other media is poured or packed.  In any case the sculptoring is rather impressively done and has a bit of a mathematical overtone.

The two parts are in fact hollow; the depth is probably ambiguous in the photo (which was actually my intention for the purposes of the challenge). The concrete was poured into the the two halves and then the two roughly heart-shaped pieces were joined to form the sculpture. The middle section, held down by the washers and bolts that are visible, is  raised, causing a hole through the middle of the sculpture. So I think that, by your definition, it can probably be called a mould. The piece is very mathematical in origin, because I started with a torus that I deformed and then sliced into layers.

I will post photos of the finished piece another time.
― Charles Eames