News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Music that moves you

Started by xSilverPhinx, March 16, 2018, 11:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Those aren't bad. They would be better without the singing though. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Methink he does that too, although all of my playlists of his are with vocals by himself and/or others.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

MariaEvri

a few from the top of my head

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

hermes2015

Yuja Wang plays Ravel's impossibly difficult Scarbo from Gaspard de la Nuit.

The other two movements, Ondine and Le Gibet, are worth listening to as well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Rift Zone

that first piece, ending at 3:37...   daymn.   

In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

Ms Wang is sensational. She does several other performances on Youtube.  I am in awe of her ability.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on April 14, 2018, 01:03:36 AM
Ms Wang is sensational. She does several other performances on Youtube.  I am in awe of her ability.

I have her recordings of the two Ravel piano concertos. I can't decide between her and Pascal Roge.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Rift Zone on April 13, 2018, 03:56:56 PM
that first piece, ending at 3:37...   daymn.   

No doubt that JS Bach was the greatest composer in that period. He has a staid image today, but he could be quite naughty when he was young. Also quite active: he fathered 20 children with two wives.
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Here is one that has the music on the screen. Good Flugel horn work.  I reckon our resident musician Harmonie could do this one on her oboe or clarinet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krM2kVFvs8

xSilverPhinx

This is hauntingly beautiful.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 01, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

This is hauntingly beautiful.

Lovely music and performance. After the piano, the cello is my favourite instrument. Combine the two in a sonata for cello and piano, and the result is divine.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Yes. There are combinations that seem to just work.

I don't know what that Chinese instrument is but I find it very interesting.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 01, 2018, 05:07:12 PM
Yes. There are combinations that seem to just work.

I don't know what that Chinese instrument is but I find it very interesting.

I also don't know, but it could be an erhu.
― Charles Eames