News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

guys what do you think of this george foreman nde and conversion?

Started by manga, July 10, 2017, 04:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

The topic of NDE and proof of hell, again?
Sure...
Yes...
Of course...

OK.
Thank you...
Good bye.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

This is manga around here:  :snicker:

Manga, why do you like to hang out with us so much?  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

Same advice I give to everyone who shows up here who is absolutely obsessed with a specific topic:

Just stop. Chill. Relax. Interact with the forum on a casual level. Watch and listen and learn of other ideas.

If you can't stop, seek mental health care. This is not normal, it is not healthy, and it will not go away on its own.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 10, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on July 10, 2017, 09:59:51 PM
This thread by manga looks an awful lot like this other thread on a totally different forum by pork222. ::)

Atheist Republic

Do pork and mango go well together? :notsure:

They pair beautifully.  Explains a lot here.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: solidsquid on July 10, 2017, 10:55:50 PM
manga, believe whatever you want as is doesn't seem you actually wish to entertain explanations for the phenomena you are discussing.  You seem to be more driven by confirmation bias.  If you want to believe in life after death, heaven, hell, and so forth, fine but don't keep coming here and wasting people's time with the above discussion pattern.  It's ridiculous and frustrating.

manga's explanation of his behavior has been that he doesn't want to believe in Hell, but he's so terrified of the thought of it that he can't stop worrying about it maybe being real.

In addition to therapy, which I think is an excellent and practical idea, some of us have suggested just going along with Xtianity and taking whatever steps they recommend to avoid Hell.  He'll still be obsessed but with any luck he'll be less frightened, which is always good.  I would suggest Catholicism -- they're the original Xtians, after all, and generally seem more accepting of worshipers having doubts. 

But I don't think manga will make any more use of that than of any of our other suggestions.
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 10, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on July 10, 2017, 09:59:51 PM
This thread by manga looks an awful lot like this other thread on a totally different forum by pork222. ::)

Atheist Republic

Do pork and mango go well together? :notsure:

Yes I can see them pairing quite nicely together,..in fact how about tacos of spicy shredded pork, topped off with a nice mango salsa and some shredded goat cheese?

Fucking Yummy!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 11, 2017, 07:25:09 AM
Quote from: solidsquid on July 10, 2017, 10:55:50 PM
manga, believe whatever you want as is doesn't seem you actually wish to entertain explanations for the phenomena you are discussing.  You seem to be more driven by confirmation bias.  If you want to believe in life after death, heaven, hell, and so forth, fine but don't keep coming here and wasting people's time with the above discussion pattern.  It's ridiculous and frustrating.

manga's explanation of his behavior has been that he doesn't want to believe in Hell, but he's so terrified of the thought of it that he can't stop worrying about it maybe being real.

In addition to therapy, which I think is an excellent and practical idea, some of us have suggested just going along with Xtianity and taking whatever steps they recommend to avoid Hell.  He'll still be obsessed but with any luck he'll be less frightened, which is always good.  I would suggest Catholicism -- they're the original Xtians, after all, and generally seem more accepting of worshipers having doubts. 

But I don't think manga will make any more use of that than of any of our other suggestions.
But what if manga believes in the wrong god? In the wrong version of Xtianity? Then manga is still going to hell!
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on July 11, 2017, 03:24:02 PM
But what if manga believes in the wrong god? In the wrong version of Xtianity? Then manga is still going to hell!

His obsession seems entirely focused on the Xtian Hell, so even if introduced to the concepts of Naraka, Helheim, Tartarus, Mictlan, etc., I don't think he'd consider those worth wasting time on.  A pity he can't take that one step further.
Sandy

Davin

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 11, 2017, 07:14:07 PM

His obsession seems entirely focused on the Xtian Hell, so even if introduced to the concepts of Naraka, Helheim, Tartarus, Mictlan, etc., I don't think he'd consider those worth wasting time on.  A pity he can't take that one step further.
Still, which Christian hell? Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Evangelical, Baptist... if manga chooses the wrong version of Christianity... hoo boy.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on July 11, 2017, 08:17:39 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 11, 2017, 07:14:07 PM

Still, which Christian hell? Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Evangelical, Baptist... if manga chooses the wrong version of Christianity... hoo boy.

sigh  You're right.  There's so much hair-splitting in religion.
Sandy

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on July 11, 2017, 09:51:17 PM
Maybe manga is doing this for attention? :chin:

It's possible. However I think that he or she is just troubled and can't stop obsessing over NDEs, the afterlife and hell. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 11, 2017, 09:56:27 PM
Quote from: Arturo on July 11, 2017, 09:51:17 PM
Maybe manga is doing this for attention? :chin:

It's possible. However I think that he or she is just troubled and can't stop obsessing over NDEs, the afterlife and hell.

Maybe that is a concern and response she gets from posting these ndes on Athiest forums reinforces her desire for attention?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

There are a lot of ways to get loads more attention on more frequent and sustainable basis than posting about the same obscure topic over and over.