News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2018, 01:14:57 PM
I have a card in my wallet with a phone number on it.

You lucky devil... but I doubt there's a AAA equivalent for the rusty crap I wind up working on. Big trialers, tractors, light cars, and everything in between.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on July 01, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 01, 2018, 02:39:08 PM
So much stuff to do today.

I hope you haven't been procrastinating?

:foottap:

Sort of.  :couchhide:

I watched both soccer games, Spain vs. Russia and Denmark vs. Croatia. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

I've only just finished, it's 3:33 a.m. and I'm tired. I really should not have watched those two games.  :sidesmile:

xSilverPhinx

I've got a sore neck and shoulders from watching the soccer match today. It wasn't even a tense game.  :(

Argh.

It's kind of funny though, when someone beside me speaks to me I have to move my whole upper body (keeping my neck stiff) to face them.

Velma

I am about ready to knock some heads together. Thursday night, we unpacked some orders that were having a problem going through the manifesting stage of the shipping process. We managed to get most of them reshipped and manifested. The few we did not get done we left in a bin with a note attached that said "Problem fixed. Orders ready to ship." You would think that was pretty self explanatory. You would be wrong. Apparently no one on any of the four shifts between Thursday night shift and Monday night shift was able to understand simple English - at least that was the excuse. (There is no night shift on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.) We heard more than once "We didn't know what the note meant."

Really? Really? A dozen people became that stupid for four days?! Just admit you were lazy and didn't want to do it! At least then I wouldn't hurt myself rolling my eyes so hard.  :Gaah: :rant1:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Icarus

I can relate to that situation Velma.  I have observed that some of my employees were either not very bright or that they did not give a shit about their jobs or that they were unaware that doing their job actually mattered.  Most of my people would bust their humps to get the job done correctly and on time. The few who were "out to lunch" were not very well regarded by my rational people who cared.   I am a nice guy but the screw offs did not last long on my payroll.  It is a matter of dignity for the good employees to not have to associate with slackers.

To be fair, the National Academy of Science has discovered that one fourth of the population of our nation are not aware that the earth revolves about the sun.  To use a Trumpism: sad.

Velma

It wouldn't bother so much, except lately it seems to be getting much worse. Very simple tasks left undone - exceedingly simple ones like sorting answered customer emails into the correct folder or putting notes on customer files in the computer, especially if there is a problem. It has reached the point of absurdity.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

Stupid hot flashes woke me up three times last night!  :grrr:

xSilverPhinx

Rent went up roughly 10%. Just tlike that!  :Gaah:

Which means my contribution (out of three) is the equivalent to around 340 dollars per month. Fuck!

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 10, 2018, 02:11:05 AM

Which means my contribution (out of three) is the equivalent to around 340 dollars per month. Fuck!

Let's hope you can find somewhere cheaper but still acceptable. One bedroom flats here, out in the provinces, can be up to $900/month. Make that /week in London!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on July 10, 2018, 06:15:40 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 10, 2018, 02:11:05 AM

Let's hope you can find somewhere cheaper but still acceptable. One bedroom flats here, out in the provinces, can be up to $900/month. Make that /week in London!

Yeah, we're going to go house-hunting soon, it doesn't hurt to see if there are more affordable options around. 340 dollars doesn't sound like much, but when you convert it to reais, it's over a thousand bucks, just my part. That's a little over two-thirds of my student scholarship grant. :twitch:

It hurts to see so much money grow wings and fly.

jumbojak

You could BUY a house around here for that kind of money. A nice house at that. For $340 a month you could buy a fixer upper.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 12, 2018, 01:48:49 AM
You could BUY a house around here for that kind of money. A nice house at that. For $340 a month you could buy a fixer upper.

But how many years would you have to spend paying? 20? :notsure:

(I wouldn't buy a house anyways, whether I'm going to stay here long enough is uncertain at this point.)