News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Banned IP Address

Started by Bad Penny II, May 16, 2018, 01:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Has anyone else had problems with the Banned IP Address, you're Chinese, you're banned and you always will be thing?

It's effecting me using my new home internet provider (they're not big) and my phone (2nd biggest telco in Aus,) I don't have a static IP address.

I did notice Bluenose posted recently.

I can only post using a VPN.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 16, 2018, 01:20:30 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the Banned IP Address, you're Chinese, you're banned and you always will be thing?

It's effecting me using my new home internet provider (they're not big) and my phone (2nd biggest telco in Aus,) I don't have a static IP address.

If you could PM your IP address to me, I'll lift that ban. Previously the policy was to enact permanent bans on spammer IPs, but for a while now I've been time limiting them to one year because of the fact that IP addresses are fluid, and an address that was used by a spammer at one point years ago might subsequently be reassigned to a perfectly innocent service provider. Sorry for the difficulties; it certainly wasn't intentional on the part of the staff.  :sadshake:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on May 16, 2018, 04:58:57 PM

If you could PM your IP address to me, I'll lift that ban. Previously the policy was to enact permanent bans on spammer IPs, but for a while now I've been time limiting them to one year because of the fact that IP addresses are fluid, and an address that was used by a spammer at one point years ago might subsequently be reassigned to a perfectly innocent service provider. Sorry for the difficulties; it certainly wasn't intentional on the part of the staff.  :sadshake:

I don't own an IP address.
It's whatever is provided for the session.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 16, 2018, 05:34:31 PM
Quote from: Recusant on May 16, 2018, 04:58:57 PM

I don't own an IP address.
It's whatever is provided for the session.
Then use 'My IP' to find one that you are banned on and tell us that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.