News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Perhaps too introspective.

Started by Hector Valdez, July 14, 2012, 04:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 20, 2012, 02:59:01 AM
I actually feel a little better about it right now. I've started a project: writing a book about finance economics, of which I have a good background in.
...in which I have a good background...?

Good idea!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Magdalena

Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 14, 2012, 04:07:07 AM
I find it difficult, at times, to maintain momentum over things to which I wish to aspire. The deed I've held to the house of hope I so fervently to occupy has slipped beyond my grasp. What's worse, the hand that dropped the paper down the stormdrain knew the fruit of all it's labor. What good is a deed to housing not my own? And so, with such a frequent repitition, do I turn to other projefts. I, perhaps am just an introspective individual, with tad too much an introspective mind.

Yet nothing really changes. I am speaking of my nature, tending towards impulse as it is. But might that fault of mine still lead to greater changes? With hope, it will.

I don't mean to make fun of you at all, but this is what the little monkey in my head is translating as he turns the only wheel in my brain very slowly: :-\

I find it difficult, at times, to maintain momentum over things to which I wish to aspire. Translation:
I can't commit to my goals.

The deed I've held to the house of hope I so fervently to occupy has slipped beyond my grasp.
Translation:
The promised I made to my girlfriend, I cannot keep.

What's worse, the hand that dropped the paper down the stormdrain knew the fruit of all it's labor.
Translation:
She knew how hard I worked to make her happy and didn't appreciate it.

What good is a deed to housing not my own?
Translation:
What's the point?

And so, with such a frequent repitition, do I turn to other projefts.
Translation:
This happens to me all the time, do I look for someone else now?

I, perhaps am just an introspective individual, with tad too much an introspective mind.
Translation:
Maybe I needed to speak more with her, tell her how I felt.

Yet nothing really changes.
Translation:
But it's too late now.

I am speaking of my nature, tending towards impulse as it is.
Translation:
This is who I am, and it is all now just wishful thinking.

But might that fault of mine still lead to greater changes? With hope, it will
Translation:
Hopefully, I have learned from my mistakes, there is a lesson to be learned here, in time, I this will only make me stronger.

How did I do? Am I wayyyy off?  ???

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Hector Valdez

Quote from: magdalena on July 22, 2012, 06:18:05 AM
Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 14, 2012, 04:07:07 AM
I find it difficult, at times, to maintain momentum over things to which I wish to aspire. The deed I've held to the house of hope I so fervently to occupy has slipped beyond my grasp. What's worse, the hand that dropped the paper down the stormdrain knew the fruit of all it's labor. What good is a deed to housing not my own? And so, with such a frequent repitition, do I turn to other projefts. I, perhaps am just an introspective individual, with tad too much an introspective mind.

Yet nothing really changes. I am speaking of my nature, tending towards impulse as it is. But might that fault of mine still lead to greater changes? With hope, it will.

I don't mean to make fun of you at all, but this is what the little monkey in my head is translating as he turns the only wheel in my brain very slowly: :-\

I find it difficult, at times, to maintain momentum over things to which I wish to aspire. Translation:
I can't commit to my goals.

The deed I've held to the house of hope I so fervently to occupy has slipped beyond my grasp.
Translation:
The promised I made to my girlfriend, I cannot keep.

What's worse, the hand that dropped the paper down the stormdrain knew the fruit of all it's labor.
Translation:
She knew how hard I worked to make her happy and didn't appreciate it.

What good is a deed to housing not my own?
Translation:
What's the point?

And so, with such a frequent repitition, do I turn to other projefts.
Translation:
This happens to me all the time, do I look for someone else now?

I, perhaps am just an introspective individual, with tad too much an introspective mind.
Translation:
Maybe I needed to speak more with her, tell her how I felt.

Yet nothing really changes.
Translation:
But it's too late now.

I am speaking of my nature, tending towards impulse as it is.
Translation:
This is who I am, and it is all now just wishful thinking.

But might that fault of mine still lead to greater changes? With hope, it will
Translation:
Hopefully, I have learned from my mistakes, there is a lesson to be learned here, in time, I this will only make me stronger.

How did I do? Am I wayyyy off?  ???

Not bad. Shall I provide an accurate translation?

A house is a symbol for something worked towards over a long period of time. To own a house, one must focus on that goal persistently. The fact that the deed slipped through my grasp means that I have missed my opportunity to achieve said long term goal. The habd knew the fruits of it's laboe. Or: I knew I was screwing up again and again. Everything else is pretty close.

xSilverPhinx

Yeah, move on. If it hasn't happened yet it's because it won't.

Hector Valdez

Silverphinx, I do believe you've mastered mental rohrschach.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 24, 2012, 04:08:16 AM
Silverphinx, I do believe you've mastered mental rohrschach.

Did I? Because if I recall, I asked if you lost your house, which isn't quite what you were talking about. I was off, then.

Because for a moment it seemed like you were one more victim of the real estate crash and literally lost your house, and now are looking for solutions in places where you won't find them. Maybe what you've really just done is gone from one religion to another.

It would be cool to master mental Rorschach though. The things I could do. ::)