News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

SlashDot: College Credits for Trolling the Web?

Started by joeactor, August 15, 2009, 04:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Full article: http://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/08/10 ... b?from=rss

Quote"Some undergraduate and masters level courses at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary require trolling as part of their requirements. In William Dembski's classes on Intelligent Design and Christian Apologetics, 20% of the final grades come from having made 10 posts defending Intelligent Design Creationism on 'hostile' websites. There seems to be no requirement that the posts contain original writing; apparently cut-and-paste jobs are sufficient. Is this the first case of trolling the net being part of course requirements?"

... for your Saturday entertainment,
JoeActor

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

PipeBox

What rigorous standards of education.

I wonder if atheists have a diploma mill.  This phenomena seems strictly religious.  No political or sexual or interest groups seem to pull this crap.
Quick, someone invent some serious-sounding names for Green Party, lesbian, male, and gamer schools.  We have an agenda to push, ladies and gentlemen, and we can't do that if we lack credentials.
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

SSY

I'd rather we have education instead of this crap. Let them have their rubbish courses, save those university places for people who want to learn.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Whitney

Do you think that explains the random people who come here trying to push ID...we should remember this thread and direct anyone that seems educated yet lost in ID lala land to it.

joeactor

Quote from: "Whitney"Do you think that explains the random people who come here trying to push ID...we should remember this thread and direct anyone that seems educated yet lost in ID lala land to it.

... I thought the same thing - may be a potential troll source we should be wary of...