News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

A God moment

Started by tdaonp, November 06, 2009, 08:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdaonp

I am an atheist so I do not believe there is a deity of any denomination. But apart from no God and thus no creation, I also believe that even if there were a God, he or she would not be aware of us and would not have created us or not deliberately. I wrote an article about this on http://www.noisepollution.nl/scratch_pad/?p=949. I thought this article might suit the Happy Atheist very well. Let me know what you think, please.

Kind regards,
Henk

G-Roll

Well the man has your link blocked. He constantly holds me down. So I have no idea what you are talking about but I am curious as to what you mean by if there was a god then he would be unaware of us and unable to create us. Im always up for a good creation debunking. Please explian.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

Sophus

Very interesting thought indeed. Thanks for sharing. I think it would be most applicable to Deism. Some Deists may or may not qualify as Creationists. One major difference between your beetle scenario and the Creationist concept would be that God designed us, thus is aware of presence. But nonetheless, a very rich idea!  :hail:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Will

Deism puts you in the company of our founding fathers, but it's not really atheism.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.