Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Remember those word games where you had to go from the start word to the finish word, changing one letter at a time in as many lines as there are letters with each of the middle three words being genuine?

Ok, go from TRUMP to CRASS in five lines..

A big clue, word four means, according to the Urban Dictionary:

Quotenot being able to grasp the crap someone is talking

(The key words being "grasp" and "crap".)

Have fun! But no cheating.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Excuse
OK, all the letters are supposed to change as well, but then the last word becomes CLASP - something few sensible people want to do with Trump. Except, maybe, by the throat or dangley bits.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

I found some interesting historical events from today... Thought you'd like a peek:

June 25th has unexpected connections in history. From barbed wire to the Diary of Anne Frank, to our politics today.

http://www.joesdump.com/2018/06/25/june-25th-connections/

Harmonie

Supreme Court justice Kennedy is retiring, which leaves an opening for Trump to appoint another Religious Right nutjob which would officially turn the court to their side.

All of this because of the Republicans throwing their temper tantrum and delaying Obama's ability to appoint the last Supreme Court Justice, then Trump's sham 'election' to President. This is all a sham. And now we're going to pay big time.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dave

Quote from: Harmonie on June 27, 2018, 11:20:30 PM
Supreme Court justice Kennedy is retiring, which leaves an opening for Trump to appoint another Religious Right nutjob which would officially turn the court to their side.

All of this because of the Republicans throwing their temper tantrum and delaying Obama's ability to appoint the last Supreme Court Justice, then Trump's sham 'election' to President. This is all a sham. And now we're going to pay big time.

It is so, so wrong that the political head of any country gets to appoint the senior judges, or any judges. There is no truly safe way to choose such people but peer selection has to be better than political. But, even then, they should never have an absolute tenure, there should be a democratic way to unseat them.

Icarus

When the prez appoints a supreme the appointee has to be confirmed by our senate.   BFD.  In this case Trump will almost surely choose a right winger nutter and the republican senate will approve.  There goes Roe vs Wade and no telling how many other rulings that an unbalanced court might modify.

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on June 28, 2018, 08:44:37 PM
When the prez appoints a supreme the appointee has to be confirmed by our senate.   BFD.  In this case Trump will almost surely choose a right winger nutter and the republican senate will approve.  There goes Roe vs Wade and no telling how many other rulings that an unbalanced court might modify.

The Republican party subverted the system by blocking consideration of Obama's nominee to fill what was Scalia's seat. I think that their weaponized lack of respect for democratic principles will have a long-term negative effect on the country--Trump is only one symptom of this.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, has granted permission for protesters to fly a large balloon of Trump dressed as a diaper wearing baby during his proposed visit. 13th July - not long to wait.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-angry-baby-blimp-gets-green-light-to-fly-over-london-during-presidents-visit-11426665

joeactor

Quote from: Dave on July 05, 2018, 09:07:00 PM
Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, has granted permission for protesters to fly a large balloon of Trump dressed as a diaper wearing baby during his proposed visit. 13th July - not long to wait.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-angry-baby-blimp-gets-green-light-to-fly-over-london-during-presidents-visit-11426665

Thanks London!

In other news, Scott Pruit just resigned.  I wonder when he's gonna repay all the money he stole. Or make the water, air and food supply safe again. Maybe I'm asking too much...

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Pruitt was more than likely faced with a decision: Resign or be fired.  Waaaay too much flak has been generated because of his abuses of the office, not to mention his ignorance or deliberate rejection of how the atmosphere actually works.  Trump was in a bind, he had to issue an ultimatum to the EPA boss.

It will be a matter of interest to see who Trump next appoints to that post.

Dave

The epistolary  epitome of toadiness?

Pruit's resignation letter:

QuoteMr. President,

It has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why it is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God's providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

Your Faithful Friend,
Scott Pruitt

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/07/05/scott-pruitt-resignation-letter/761174002/

Recusant

It's a shame; the right wing had such a high opinion of that slimeball.  :rofl:

QuoteHe is rhetorically sharp, but his administration so far has been far from slash-and-burn.

And that's worth understanding about Scott Pruitt. His critics may dismiss him as a creature of oil and gas, as an ogre who is willing to see the water and air despoiled in the service of his corporate allies, but he is in fact a true believer. He's serious about this rule-of-law stuff. He's the last thing the Left expects to see in a Trump appointee: principled.
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

WHAT A LOAD OF HYPERBOLLOCKS,

My personal opinion of Trump's utterings and mutterings, so far, on his visit here.

QuoteTRUMP'S BREXIT BLAST Donald Trump told Theresa May how to do Brexit 'but she wrecked it' – and says the US trade deal is off

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/trump-may-brexit-us-deal-off/

QuoteDonald Trump: US-UK trade deal 'absolutely possible'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44821976

QuoteDonald Trump says relationship with UK is 'highest level of special' and blasts his own wrecking ball interview as 'Fake News'

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/theresa-may-fights-to-save-face-after-donald-trump-slams-brexit-a3886656.html

QuotePresident Trump says Boris Johnson would 'make a great prime minister'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/president-trump-says-boris-johnson-would-make-a-great-prime-minister.html

QuoteClock runs out and Trump WON'T meet with Boris Johnson in London (though he did say he'd make a 'great' prime minister)
The White House said Trump won't meet with Johnson 'right now'
U.S. ambassador to Great Britain said a meeting was possible
Meeting Johnson might have been seen as breach of protocol
Trump said in advance 'maybe' he would speak to the former foreign mininster
Johnson resigned his post over Brexit this week
Trump plasted PM Theresa May's Brexit plan in an interview

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5950741/Clock-runs-Trump-WONT-meet-Boris-Johnson-London.html

And so on . . .

Tom62

My personal opinion of Trump has changed dramatically.
I think he is a buffoon, a liar, a moron and an overall asshole.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein