News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I have one more week at my old branch until I officially start my new position, but I have been coming in to work at my new branch on my days off. I love the new commute. It's gone from 45 minutes to less than 5 and I can ride my bike in the summer.

Plus, I just found out that I will have my own office. And I was just excited to get my own business cards.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

Way to go Buddy. We are proud of you.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on October 26, 2018, 05:34:10 PM
I have one more week at my old branch until I officially start my new position, but I have been coming in to work at my new branch on my days off. I love the new commute. It's gone from 45 minutes to less than 5 and I can ride my bike in the summer.

Plus, I just found out that I will have my own office. And I was just excited to get my own business cards.

Well done.  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

:heyhey: :woohoo!:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

xSilverPhinx

No good movies to watch in the theatre this weekend.  :sad sigh:

xSilverPhinx

The house next door was burglarized last night.

Guardian85

:thumbsup2:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 28, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

That's one of the reasons I have a dog. I suppose I love him too...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 28, 2018, 07:33:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 28, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

That's one of the reasons I have a dog. I suppose I love him too...

Mine died early this year. I wish I could get another dog, another German Shepherd to be exact. But I can't. :( I don't have the time or the energy, and it wouldn't be fair to the dog.

jumbojak

I'm sorry to hear that and sorry I brought that up. My boy is almost a shepherd and I'm afraid he won't be around too much longer. They can definitely be a handful as pups and do require more attention than most owners are willing to give.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 28, 2018, 08:41:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear that and sorry I brought that up. My boy is almost a shepherd and I'm afraid he won't be around too much longer. They can definitely be a handful as pups and do require more attention than most owners are willing to give.

No worries, it still saddens me but not as much as it did a few months ago. We had her euthanised because she had lost the use of her legs and had stopped eating. Besides that, she had massive bed sores that got infected with maggots even though we constantly sprayed products to keep the flies away and kill the vermin. Because of her condition, I was as mentally prepared for her passing as I could be, but it was still difficult once the vet gave her the overdose.

The worse part is I still second guess myself all the time. Was there anything I should have done differently?  :-\

Anyway, in my experience it's a good idea to have more than one pup -- and lots of open space for them to run around like the crazy beasts they are. One pup alone demands a lot of attention, but with other canine playmates it becomes easier.