News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Jumping Spiders!

Started by Tank, March 03, 2018, 07:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

These are the images that are supposed to make people think spiders are cute, aren't they? Well, I'm not seeing it - They are still creepy!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dave

Though I used to have a mild phobia about spiders, still don't like big ones, the little black and white jumping spiders we have in the UK have always intrigued me. There is usually one resident in the woodwork round the street door. They seem almost tame at times, have even had them jump onto a fingers when placed near them.

C'mon, Harmonie, unless you have a reall problem surely they are cute-ish?

How can you not like this?

https://youtu.be/d_yYC5r8xMI

Or this?

https://youtu.be/HPh_Gi7PCqs
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Quote from: Harmonie on March 03, 2018, 08:49:39 PM
These are the images that are supposed to make people think spiders are cute, aren't they? Well, I'm not seeing it - They are still creepy!

What about Lucas?

Harmonie

Quote from: Dave on March 03, 2018, 09:01:13 PMC'mon, Harmonie, unless you have a reall problem surely they are cute-ish?

The better question is how could I possibly like those?

Bugs, spiders, etc., etc. are just inherently gross and creepy to me.

Quote from: joeactor on March 03, 2018, 09:13:05 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on March 03, 2018, 08:49:39 PM

What about Lucas?

I saw a video like that pop up on my FB a couple of weeks or so ago and... It's just trying too hard. I'm sorry, but it is.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dave on March 03, 2018, 09:01:13 PM
Though I used to have a mild phobia about spiders, still don't like big ones, the little black and white jumping spiders we have in the UK have always intrigued me. There is usually one resident in the woodwork round the street door. They seem almost tame at times, have even had them jump onto a fingers when placed near them.

C'mon, Harmonie, unless you have a reall problem surely they are cute-ish?

https://youtu.be/d_yYC5r8xMI

Or this?

https://youtu.be/HPh_Gi7PCqs

I had to look that up Dave; never heard of such things - I thought you'd mocked it up. Not that I particularly want to share my planet with them; Australia and China can keep them although I'm delighted to have learned something new. 

And what's this about little black and white JUMPING spiders? I've never seen one here, so please don't let them escape from Gloucestershire. I'm not arachnophobic but I don't really like spiders. We had a huge house spider in the living room and Mr M carried down the hill; a distance of about 400 m; and let it go whereupon it ran off at great speed the way it had come. It didn't reappear at chez nous again though.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Icarus

Essie, spiders like the rest of us just trying to make a living. Mr. M was/is a compassionate man.  Smashing a spider is easy enough.  Transporting the arachnid to a more welcome place is rather exceptional behavior.

Way back in time I was terrified of spiders as if they were the grim reaper.  Over time I learned that they are merely insect like creatures who are simply doing what they must do to survive. Attacking humans is not one of their priorities or their need for survival.

I now leave them alone. Never has one of them threatened me. In fact they are inclined to rid my premises of other less welcome insects such as flies, roaches, and other ugly bugs.. 

I do draw the line against some of those bad assed spiders that live in Bluenoses territory.

joeactor

No one

Are they worse than barking spiders?

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

What about the peacock spider?

And remember these cute little guys are only about 3 or 4 mm long (just over 1/8 inch)

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

Holy crap! There are SO MANY KINDS!
I love bugs, but spiders make me .... um.... dance the crazy dance. Especially when they jump.  :bogey: :bogey: :shocked:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on March 03, 2018, 09:13:05 PM
What about Lucas?

I saw a video like that pop up on my FB a couple of weeks or so ago and... It's just trying too hard. I'm sorry, but it is.

I think it's cute but yes, I agree, it is just trying too hard.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Curse this topic for putting creepy insect/spider videos in my recommended videos on YouTube.  :bleh: