News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Harry and Meghan

Started by Lark, December 01, 2017, 01:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lark

Hstorical event, especially  to the media. but a real milestone inroducing new roots in UK Royal Family and giving UK and USA another special relationship.

Icarus

Somehow I can not see this as a particularly noteworthy event.  It is after all a man of some royal heritage becoming involved with a beautiful mixed race American woman. The whole idea is cool but not worth much front page space.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on December 02, 2017, 02:06:10 AM
Somehow I can not see this as a particularly noteworthy event.  It is after all a man of some royal heritage becoming involved with a beautiful mixed race American woman. The whole idea is cool but not worth much front page space.
Yeah, but you are (thankfully) not one of the millions of sad people who think such things are the most important events ever.

One woman was reported to have over 10 000 pieces of royal commemorative stuff, but not as a possible future investment but just out of love for the royals.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

They look like they may be a more stable and happier couple than their predecessors.  Good for them, I wish 'em luck.

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on December 02, 2017, 09:43:56 AM
They look like they may be a more stable and happier couple than their predecessors.  Good for them, I wish 'em luck.

Me too, just hope the media hype does not spoil it for them.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 02, 2017, 01:23:47 PM
It is after all a man of some royal heritage

Perhaps
While his father may be questionable, his mother was one of the most royal royals in a long time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2017, 02:10:33 PM

Perhaps
While his father may be questionable, his mother was one of the most royal royals in a long time.

There needn't be any questionable, there could be genetic testing, an OK or a drawn an quartering.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Perhaps
I think his father (as publically recognised) is questionable in almost any way you view him.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 02, 2017, 03:07:17 PM

Perhaps

There needn't be any questionable, there could be genetic testing, an OK or a drawn an quartering.
DNA tests were carried out.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 02, 2017, 08:18:31 AM
One woman was reported to have over 10 000 pieces of royal commemorative stuff, but not as a possible future investment but just out of love for the royals.

That's crazy!  :shocked:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

SisterAgatha

I dont think Harry should marry a black woman. Yes I know she is more of a quadroon than a genuine black, but still I think its a bad idea.

Sure she might be a good screw, but what would the royal family to be look like?

In all its storied history, the children of the house of Windsor were white and recognizably caucasain looking.

I fear meghans genes might ruin the look of the future royal family.

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on January 19, 2018, 05:58:06 AM
I dont think Harry should marry a black woman.
It's a wonderful thing that the royal family doesn't give a shit about what you "think" and that Harry will marry her anyways and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. :tellmemore:

This must hurt you, and/or infuriate you. :tellmemore:

Oh, well.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

SisterAgatha

^ It does!

I dont get why they wont just quietly pay her off with a nice sum, perhaps get her a job in a soap opera or an "Establishment" as long as she agrees to NEVER SEE HARRY AGAIN!.

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on January 19, 2018, 07:46:47 AM
^ It does!

I dont get why they wont just quietly pay her off with a nice sum, perhaps get her a job in a soap opera or an "Establishment" as long as she agrees to NEVER SEE HARRY AGAIN!.
Oh, boy...Well, that's not gonna happen, is it?

Why are you bitching about it here?
Agatha:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant