News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 10, 2018, 11:00:00 PM
It's still too cold for my pampered, Californian blood, more rain may or may not be coming, and maintenance is halfway thru fixing the leak in my bedroom.  I think they're got the roof patched up but there's now a big hole in my ceiling and I've been told not to use that room tonight (no problem).  They promise to finish fixing it tomorrow.

:o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Sheeeeeeit!  We are having to endure a miserable damn yankee style cold front here in sunny Florida.  My temps have dropped to as low as 35 F during the night.  The temps are varying all over the place from day to day.  Meanwhile I am not planning to mow my lawn while it is so unpleasantly chilly.

I should not complain so much because I have some compassion for my honorary grandson who lives in Kaunas Lithuania.  He lives in an apartment complex that lost its power for three days while the ambient temps were in the mid to high twenties.  He survived  but his diesel Kia car is putting up a lot of opposition to normal operation.  He is having to walk three miles to work....in the snow, because the transit busses are not running.

Sandra Craft

Well, it took three days but my ceiling (and hopefully the roof above it) is finally fixed.  Best of all, another rainstorm is expected in shortly, allowing me to test the ceiling before I drag my bed back into the bedroom.  Too bad I can't arrange for the rain to fall solely on this building, since I'm the only one who needs it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 13, 2018, 02:45:52 AM
Well, it took three days but my ceiling (and hopefully the roof above it) is finally fixed.  Best of all, another rainstorm is expected in shortly, allowing me to test the ceiling before I drag my bed back into the bedroom.  Too bad I can't arrange for the rain to fall solely on this building, since I'm the only one who needs it.

Did the ceiling pass the test?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 14, 2018, 02:05:45 AM

Darn rain never happened, in fact it was sunny and warm today!  Why is there never rain around when you need it?  :violin:
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 14, 2018, 02:16:48 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 14, 2018, 02:05:45 AM

Darn rain never happened, in fact it was sunny and warm today!  Why is there never rain around when you need it?  :violin:

:lol:

xSilverPhinx

32 ℃. I know I must be melting ... on the inside.

xSilverPhinx

At least the heat subsided these past two days. It was supposed to rain today but nada. Not a drop.

Harmonie

No snow for Christmas. No snow anywhere to be found. In fact, it's 60 degrees. Screw Oklahoma.

It being too warm to wear my bassoon ugly Christmas sweater on Christmas is a darn travesty. (I still did it, but have been too warm all day long)

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

Today was a balmy 51 degrees. We'll probably get a blizzard in March
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bluenose

Today was 35°C, yesterday was 38° hoping for some relief this weekend.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on December 28, 2018, 03:11:55 AM
Today was 35°C, yesterday was 38° hoping for some relief this weekend.

:o

It's going to be 37°C for a couple of days next week. I'm definitely not looking forward to it!

Sandra Craft

It's cold.  I put a stick of butter out 3 days ago, and it's still as hard today as it was in the fridge.
Sandy

jumbojak

It warmed up quite a bit but there's nasty rain today. Damp and sticky in the air.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.