News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Quote from: jumbojak on July 18, 2018, 09:27:03 PM
Hot whiskey and lemon then.

As much as I like whiskey, I prefer rum for a hot toddy and as others have said, don't forget the honey!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Please excuse my long absence - I've just had a coronary bypass operation.  I expect I'll feel more like posting soon. 
Hot whisky and lemon cures almost everything, but the buggers won't give you any in hospital.  I had a couple of blood transfusions, but do you thing they'd put any in the bag?

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on July 19, 2018, 05:54:33 PM
Please excuse my long absence - I've just had a coronary bypass operation.  I expect I'll feel more like posting soon. 
Hot whisky and lemon cures almost everything, but the buggers won't give you any in hospital.  I had a couple of blood transfusions, but do you thing they'd put any in the bag?

Glad to see you back, OG. Here's to a good recovery   :cheers:

jumbojak

I know an old farmer who had a bourbon IV put in for heart surgery and recovery. Had to to keep him from shaking.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

OG!   :cheerful dance 2:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Welcome back! It makes my hip replacement sound pretty trivial. Get back to your old self soon.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Bloody hell!!! Good to see you back! [[[[big hug]]]]
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: Bluenose on July 19, 2018, 12:31:25 PM

As much as I like whiskey, I prefer rum for a hot toddy and as others have said, don't forget the honey!

So long as it's flammable it'll work.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Very glad to see you back, and your safe exit from the hospital is splendid news. :party:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

My computer has a 480GB SD, and 8TB & a 3TB HD
The operating system partion gets 60GB, and there's a 60GB MY Docs/installed programs partition.
That's plenty, music, movies, TV and bulky stuff goes elsewhere.
A program called SandBlastBackup created a 30GB folder on the My Docs partition and I was getting out of space warnings, it wanted more.
Of course I can't just delete the folder, I'm a passenger not the driver of my computer.
Apparently this is done in case my computer gets kidnapped but I never asked them to do it.
If something like this happened what is the good of this precaution?  There's no user interface, if there was I would of uninstalled it, how would I invoke a recovery via a mystery program? Google searches provided nothing.  I use Zone Alarm as a fire wall, it's related to that I assume.
Disabling services, starting in safe mode and deleting the folder seems to have tamed it but, WTF.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on July 20, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
Quote from: Bluenose on July 19, 2018, 12:31:25 PM

So long as it's flammable it'll work.

So what does hot petrol with lemon and honey taste like?

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dave on July 20, 2018, 02:45:01 PM
So what does hot petrol with lemon and honey taste like?

Petrol?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.