News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Hovinds, Comforts, Jubys, Davis', Lane Craigs!

Dark Lightning

Quote from: No one on September 25, 2018, 01:04:47 AM
Hovinds, Comforts, Jubys, Davis', Lane Craigs!

I looked at that list for a few seconds before I got it. In the atheist sphere, these could be some pretty good invective!  ;D

Icarus

I once had a Hillman Husky that I liked very well. It was reliable and fun to drive.  My wife hated it like poison after it became, in her mind unreliable.  That was because she was driving in the city one day and the rear axle separated itself from the car. She was not a happy camper with that episode. We soon disposed of the Hillman in favor of a new 1964 Dodge Dart. Marital bliss resumed.

When Volvo cars first became available in the US, I was an auto mechanic, actually a race car tuner.  The Volvos with their 4 cylinder engine were pretty potent racers in their day. I tuned more than a few of them.

Dave

Saw doctor yestdsy and he sent me for a chest xray, but also prescribed a few diazapam to see if that relieved the anxiety type symptoms. Took one last night. Slept 'til 5am, barring a visit to the loo, but not peaceful sleep.

Symptoms started again 6am, but anxious feeling not so bad. Now gone noon and I don't feel like getting off the couch. BP, pulse and blood ox all within my normal range but still feeling "waves" of shortness of breath - readings indicate no probs during these. Some indications I have a stomach bug though.

Record being kept. I may not use my smart phone much as a phone, the odd text, but it gets much use for emails, diary, calendar, making verbal notes, as an alarm clock, shopping lists, notes on car tyre pressures and wheel nut torque, photos of bus time tables etc.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Oh, dear, signs of gut problem now, frequent eye of needle situation.

:i'mok:

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 25, 2018, 01:34:13 PM
Eye of needle?

Liquid and under pressure rather than solid, "I could s**t through the eye of a needle at 40 paces!"

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dave

This is chuckleworthy but I will post it here since it applies to my last:

Title for a recipe site!?!?

Sometimes these "blind" advertising algos get a bit inappropriate.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2018, 12:24:38 PM
Saw doctor yestdsy and he sent me for a chest xray, but also prescribed a few diazapam to see if that relieved the anxiety type symptoms. Took one last night. Slept 'til 5am, barring a visit to the loo, but not peaceful sleep.

Symptoms started again 6am, but anxious feeling not so bad. Now gone noon and I don't feel like getting off the couch. BP, pulse and blood ox all within my normal range but still feeling "waves" of shortness of breath - readings indicate no probs during these. Some indications I have a stomach bug though.

Record being kept. I may not use my smart phone much as a phone, the odd text, but it gets much use for emails, diary, calendar, making verbal notes, as an alarm clock, shopping lists, notes on car tyre pressures and wheel nut torque, photos of bus time tables etc.

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2018, 01:21:43 PM
Oh, dear, signs of gut problem now, frequent eye of needle situation.

:i'mok:

:therethere:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2018, 01:43:39 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on September 25, 2018, 01:34:13 PM
Eye of needle?

Liquid and under pressure rather than solid, "I could s**t through the eye of a needle at 40 paces!"

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's OK Dave, I got the reference the first time!  ;)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

No good film to watch at the movies this weekend. 'Venom' only premieres next Thursday.

Oh yeah.

Buddy

I didn't get the banker position. I'm not surprised but I am a little disappointed. Now I am just waiting for everything to go through so I can take the place of the person who did get the job.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on October 01, 2018, 07:34:34 PM
I didn't get the banker position. I'm not surprised but I am a little disappointed. Now I am just waiting for everything to go through so I can take the place of the person who did get the job.

:(

Any chance of having a position open up in the near future?

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on October 01, 2018, 07:34:34 PM
Well you're better equipped for the next one that comes up. What did you learn from this.\

Has your boyfriend recovered from his bollocking yet?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

The other position should come open by the end of the week. It's a split position so I'll be both a teller and a banker to work with people when the actual banker is busy. I am way more qualified for this position than the last one, though my manager did tell me that I actually was seriously considered for the other job. I'm not too worried though. Things will work out in time.

Quote from: Tank on October 02, 2018, 10:35:49 AM

Has your boyfriend recovered from his bollocking yet?

Haha yes. He has finally pulled his head from his ass. I think he realized he messed up when his mom nearly broke down our door to see him when he came home.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.