News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hello, I'm Unsapien

Started by Unsapien, November 18, 2018, 12:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unsapien

Good evening.

I am the proud father of two sons, and the husband of a wife who has given me more to live for then <insert god name here>.

I chose my name way back when we had to put the phone on the "receiver".

Though I will probably post more on AD then here, I welcome the chance to cross pollinate.

"If we are to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

xSilverPhinx

Welcome Unsapien! I like your username! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Unsapien

Thank you.

I chose it because, humans didn't make much sense to me then, and I wanted to "stand apart",from them.

They still don't, but now that I've had kids...they've taught me.

:)
"If we are to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

No one

Unsapien

Of course.

I did see you here.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Unsapien on November 18, 2018, 01:28:33 AM
Thank you.

I chose it because, humans didn't make much sense to me then, and I wanted to "stand apart",from them.

Makes sense. :grin: I like to live under the illusion that humans make sense to me, it gets me through the day. ;D

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 18, 2018, 12:59:39 PM
Thank you.

Makes sense. :grin: I like to live under the illusion that humans make sense to me, it gets me through the day. ;D

But only just :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2018, 01:26:39 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 18, 2018, 12:59:39 PM
Thank you.

But only just :grin:

Illusion personified: What? What did he say? :worried:

Me: Nothing, he said nothing. Go back to sleep.
Illusion personified: Okay. Because...because we can't know we...*snoozes off*:visit morpheus:

Recusant

Quote from: Unsapien on November 18, 2018, 12:40:44 AM
Good evening.

I am the proud father of two sons, and the husband of a wife who has given me more to live for then <insert god name here>.

I chose my name way back when we had to put the phone on the "receiver".

Though I will probably post more on AD then here, I welcome the chance to cross pollinate.

Hello and welcome to HAF, Unsapien. I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here!

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Hey! Welcome! I post as Fireball at AF.org. Good to see you here!

Unsapien

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 18, 2018, 09:40:02 PM
Hey! Welcome! I post as Fireball at AF.org. Good to see you here!

Cool, good to see you!

I've tried getting back onto AF.org from time to time, but the last time I tried it wouldn't accept my password and the reset didn't work. I might try again down the road.

But this place seems nice.

Dark Lightning

Yes, it's pretty chill. ProgrammingGodJordan lasted only a few days, iirc.  ;D They don't take kindly to copypasta trolls.

Bluenose

G'day Unsapien, pleased to meet you.  This is a pretty cool forum, not too many trolls and those that do make it in here don't last long!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Essie Mae

Hello Unsapien. Glad to know you. I'm a bit nosy. Re you a forever atheist or have you deconverted from a religion?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare