News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Could God Be Considered An Atheist?

Started by Breatharian, March 04, 2018, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

OK, Back to the OP.
Could God be considered an Atheist. Sure, why not. That also puts us back to ---all men (actually man, (There are occasion in biblical context that men also includes female, used in this way men equates to "man". Man =people and ladies are people) are created in the image of God. Now, that includes Atheists, right.   In that understanding, God would also be a Atheist. Otherwise when one professed to be an Atheist he/she would cease to exist, or it would be impossible for one to be an Atheist, because, no person can  be plus or minus any characteristic of God as presented or believed. If I can be an Atheist I can only be because it would have to be an attribute of God.
This gives an idea of how ridiculous the worlds idea of God is. What these ideas of God do with all the claims of God is show the concept to be an impossibility.

What this amounts to is---God proves he does not exist.

The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Old Seer on March 16, 2018, 05:36:42 PM
Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2018, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 15, 2018, 09:05:36 PM
Quote from: Recusant on March 04, 2018, 04:42:00 PM
Can an engineer be considered somebody who doesn't believe that engineers exist? :notsure:

God believes other Gods exist. That is obvious from the first commandment where he command us not to put any other God above him.

Here you are assuming something outside of evidence (namely that YHVH actually exists). All that can honestly be inferred here is that those who wrote the book believed that the god they worshipped didn't want them worshipping other gods.
The Jewish religion has it that-- God is incomprehensible and cannot be known. That being the case then YHVH can only mean---"We don't know". So how is it that the peoples of the world keep following a person they don't know. Those who preside over what they consider Christianity have quite closely the same perspective. It's evident that eventually Atheism will win out.

Only, I think, if atheists continue to grow their church network.

They have to recognize that churches fill the tribal needs that we all have in terms of fellowship.

The religious are called sheeple for a reason as they have a need to all gather under just about any pretence.

That need is what is forcing atheists to create churches as they know that their own children also have that tribal instinct and that they must create churches of their own for it or they will lose their children to the immoral religious creeds.

Regards
DL

Old Seer

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 17, 2018, 01:26:44 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on March 16, 2018, 05:36:42 PM
Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2018, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on March 15, 2018, 09:05:36 PM
Quote from: Recusant on March 04, 2018, 04:42:00 PM
Can an engineer be considered somebody who doesn't believe that engineers exist? :notsure:

God believes other Gods exist. That is obvious from the first commandment where he command us not to put any other God above him.

Here you are assuming something outside of evidence (namely that YHVH actually exists). All that can honestly be inferred here is that those who wrote the book believed that the god they worshipped didn't want them worshipping other gods.
The Jewish religion has it that-- God is incomprehensible and cannot be known. That being the case then YHVH can only mean---"We don't know". So how is it that the peoples of the world keep following a person they don't know. Those who preside over what they consider Christianity have quite closely the same perspective. It's evident that eventually Atheism will win out.

Only, I think, if atheists continue to grow their church network.

They have to recognize that churches fill the tribal needs that we all have in terms of fellowship.

The religious are called sheeple for a reason as they have a need to all gather under just about any pretence.

That need is what is forcing atheists to create churches as they know that their own children also have that tribal instinct and that they must create churches of their own for it or they will lose their children to the immoral religious creeds.

Regards
DL
Actually I meant science and Atheism will win out. Religion also fills the need for individuals to lead others, and in order to do so successfully they have to concoct fibs to convince others to follow them. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

I would have thought that instead of some speaker type leading things, that groups would develop to chat on various topics from a scientific POV.

I give atheists points for honesty and not having to resort to lies.

I doubt that non-believers would tolerate lying the way theists do.

Regards
DL