News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Why we need God in our life?

Started by sweetto, December 24, 2017, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetto

The best explanation of the question why we need Allah(God) in our life with proofs and facts https://youtu.be/dqJNtUhnGfY

Sent from my CRO-L22 using Tapatalk

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2017, 08:01:28 AM
What a pile of fucking shit.

Yeah.  I'm starting to think theists honestly don't understand what "proof" and "facts" are. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

They need god in their lives to justify killing people they don't like.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 24, 2017, 08:45:25 AM

Yeah.  I'm starting to think theists honestly don't understand what "proof" and "facts" are.
Some don't.
The rest live in denial.

They also either don't understand, or simply ignore, 'falsifiability'.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2017, 11:27:39 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 24, 2017, 08:45:25 AM

Some don't.
The rest live in denial.

They also either don't understand, or simply ignore, 'falsifiability'.

Of course they do not need proof, facts or falsifiability!

If you are 100% sure, totally believe, that something exists, have an inbuilt model of that thing that satisfies all your questions what need is there for proof? It is real, how can you question it?

Most people, even atheists, go through life with false models about something in their minds, unbreakable opinions about something, or even someone. Mostly this does not affect their daily life. If it does, noticeably, we form opinions, justified or otherwise, about that person.

I will stand beside the believer in the supernatural who is sincerely acting in a humane manner without prosetylising, but not the one telling me I am destined for "Hell" merely because I have different beliefs and motives from him or her.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I'm not watching it and you can't make me.

Tank

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 24, 2017, 02:51:34 PM
You won't be seeing anything you haven't seen a hundred times before.

No one

Hey sweets, if we are made in god's image, why am I not invisible?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2017, 03:32:32 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 24, 2017, 02:51:34 PM
You won't be seeing anything you haven't seen a hundred times before.

And that's something that always makes me grumble -- it's not as if responses and refutations to common apologetics weren't out there and easy to find.  I realize if sweetto's living in a Muslim theocracy they may not be available to him, but they certainly are to religious apologists in the West and would it kill them to do some research before trotting out the same old crap? 

I'm willing to consider a brand new argument for belief in the supernatural/god despite the lack of evidence, but please make it something where the flaws and gaping holes in logic haven't already been pointed out many times.  That's just annoying. 

And to the ones who insist that there is evidence for the supernatural/god, please look up the meaning of the word "evidence", and how scientists use it, before you do.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Books wrote "I realize if sweetto's living in a Muslim theocracy they may not be available to him, but they certainly are to religious apologists in the West and would it kill them to do some research before trotting out the same old crap?"

He wouldn't give a shit about any refutation anyway. Islam has locked out his mind to the truth that his faith is just a myth created by a very clever conman.

Biggus Dickus

I couldn't sleep last night, woke up early and as is my custom on Christmas morning every year I watch a video by a Muslim apologist...anyway I watched, but didn't hear anything that even explained why I might need Allah(God) in my life nor anything even came remotely close to what I would define as proofs or facts.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

I'll pray to a god if it's the god these gents are praying to in the photo,...(Or maybe I should say "Goddess of the Lingerie"?)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."