News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Swearing tax?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 29, 2017, 10:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Some good Christian homes have a swear jar where the parents (or children) have to drop a nickel or penny into a jar everytime they utter a swear word.

What if this were applied IRL?

The same way the meter maid or librarian might give someone a fine for a car parked too long or an overdue book..should people who swear have to pay a fine?

Think of all the projects it could fund, and if democrats adopted this position it could work out great for them.

It could give them another avenue for funding for all of their public projects and it would make them seem more moral and with "good family values"

Oddly enough.. I think Al and Tipper Gore might have embraced this iniative if it were floated around back in the day.

No one

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

From context it's clear that this is a proposal for the US. They can get right on it after an annual tax on ownership of semi-automatic weapons has been imposed. The constitutional issues will have been litigated by then.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

So how would that work? The government would hire half the population to follow around the other half of the population so that the government could police the speech of their citizens? Can't see that being feasible either economically or constitutionally. The government would have to hire so many people to police others that there is no way fines could cover the cost without bankrupting the country. Then there is the little matter of free speech.

Keep trying though. Thinking up ways to force your life choices on others is a favorite pastime of the religious.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Icarus

swear Jar.....No shit?.  How much does it cost to say.... Aw shucks, how much for God damned, how much for Go fuck a rubber duck?   Is there a scale of penalty amounts for the jar?  Bruno, and me too, would indeed become  members of the poverty stricken. and a number of my other esteemed brothers and sisters would become regular contributors. God bless 'em all. 

Who the fuck decided that profane words were a sin against god?  That divine prohibition ain't one of the ten commandments is it? 

Guardian85

Oh, if this fucking idea was introduced in Northern Norway, it'd be a bigger cash cow then the fucking oil and the gods damned fish combined!  8)

Am I seriously the only motherfucker who thought of Demolition Man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4HEEiJuGo

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Pasta Chick

You make John Denver sad.

Davin

How about a shit post tax?

Like every time someone starts a thread then refuses to engage in the discussions of that thread, they have to pay the monthly cost for the website.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 30, 2017, 02:57:31 AM
You make John Denver sad.

Your link is bad PC.

Quote from: Davin on November 30, 2017, 03:08:16 PM
How about a shit post tax?

Like every time someone starts a thread then refuses to engage in the discussions of that thread, they have to pay the monthly cost for the website.

I think this is a great idea...hell with the extra money we save we could have yearly parties, feed the poor, build a base on Mars for us sneering atheists!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bad Penny II

A good tax is a tax you don't have to pay.
I think I could easily avoid this one.
A fk or a fork is as good as a fuck.
I'm in control of my expletives
I've been passing between milieus where you could and couldn't explete since I knew what the rude words meant.
I haven't used cunt for ages, for reasons
Bring it on, let the fuckers pay and subsidise me.

Good thread Agy, you add to us.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.