News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

I Confess!

Started by SisterAgatha, November 07, 2017, 03:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 09, 2017, 10:34:42 PM
I'm currently meditating on the maturing of Yule brew, and the fermentation of brown ale. Soon I shall enter the meditative state known as bottling.

This Yule brew isn't going to involve any odd flavors, is it?  Like pumpkin, or cranberry?  Or maybe roast goose?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 10, 2017, 12:35:53 AM
I'm currently meditating on the maturing of Yule brew, and the fermentation of brown ale. Soon I shall enter the meditative state known as bottling.

This Yule brew isn't going to involve any odd flavors, is it?  Like pumpkin, or cranberry?  Or maybe roast goose?

Or, (shudder) Brussel sprouts!?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on November 09, 2017, 11:46:18 PM
^^^
I'm done trying to understand SisterAgatha.  :fingertap:
When she/he says something, it's like this:

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 08:20:44 AM

That actually sounds appealing, a Yule Brew with a hint of Brussel Sprouts, maybe with a top-note of Mangelwurzels?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

So not only is Sister Agatha not a nun, nor a teacher as most of us surmised from the very beginning, but practically every post they have made has been nothing but a fabrication. There is no Sister Bellarmine, or Sisters Eustace, Elizabeth or Aloysius. No troubled kids named Johnny or Billy Flannigan. No decorated classrooms, or a mission trip to fucking Kurdistan or volunteering outside of abortion clinics.

I would also further surmise that this person is neither a Catholic, nor a woman.

I think all we really know about this person up to this point is that they are extremely misogynist, a vapid holocaust denier, obviously anti-semantic, and extremely bad at trolling.

Have I left anything out?

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 10, 2017, 03:20:07 PM
So not only is Sister Agatha not a nun, nor a teacher as most of us surmised from the very beginning, but practically every post they have made has been nothing but a fabrication. There is no Sister Bellarmine, or Sisters Eustace, Elizabeth or Aloysius. No troubled kids named Johnny or Billy Flannigan. No decorated classrooms, or a mission trip to fucking Kurdistan or volunteering outside of abortion clinics.

I would also further surmise that this person is neither a Catholic, nor a woman.

I think all we really know about this person up to this point is that they are extremely misogynist, a vapid holocaust denier, obviously anti-semantic, and extremely bad at trolling.

Have I left anything out?

Is he/she/it human or a bot?

SisterAgatha

I suppose I should clarify.

I was not an athesit the way you guys are. I rarely thought about atheism or agnositcism or God.

I was raised Catholic true, but for the longest time God (or his absence) was just not on my radar at all.

I picked Catholocism because it was the religion of my youth but also it just made the most sense to me.

I also like its ancient traditions and how it seemed to be the historical continuation of Jesus' ministry and commission.

For some reason I don't think Pastor Bill's first Methodist church existed in the first few centuries of Christianity ;)

Dave

None of that absolves you of your guilt, Aggie. Nether, so far as we are concerned, will a life time of Hail Marys.

Only you can repair the fault by deciding to be a sensible person in future and treating all others with the respect they deserve.

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 04:39:48 PM
None of that absolves you of your guilt, Aggie. Nether, so far as we are concerned, will a life time of Hail Marys.

Only you can repair the fault by deciding to be a sensible person in future and treating all others with the respect they deserve.

oh lighten up it was only a bit of fun!

Father Bruno is most unfair in his characterization of me. Sure I stretched the truth a bit... and Im sorry..again it was only sort of like role exploring.

As it happens, I am in fact a Catholic and will be happy to answer any and all questions you have about how I came to that really lovely faith

Dave

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 10, 2017, 05:02:33 PM

Father Bruno is most unfair in his characterization of me. Sure I stretched the truth a bit... and Im sorry..again it was only sort of like role exploring.

As it happens, I am in fact a Catholic and will be happy to answer any and all questions you have about how I came to that really lovely faith

It was a childish lack of respect for us and your church.

I, for one, are not particularly interested in how your regained your irrationality.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 05:08:16 PM

I, for one, are not particularly interested in how your regained your irrationality.

Oh Ok... it was a little bit childish and I could have been a bit more truthful about who I was.

But did you enjoy sort of the "world" I created with little Billy Flanigan and the stern, morose Sister Bellarmine?

I thought it would give you a little snapshot of the typical Catholic school circa 1970 or so.

The dynamics of the school, such as mischivious rapscallions, grim strict nuns/pious naive ones and misbehaving teens (see Halloween party) were very representative of a Catholic school of the late 60s early 70s.

Anyway believe me I am aware of all the bad things the Catholic Churhc has done. Surprisingly IMO is the actions of the Catholic Church and state in Ireland circa 1920-1975 or so.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on November 10, 2017, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 09, 2017, 11:46:18 PM
^^^
I'm done trying to understand SisterAgatha.  :fingertap:
When she/he says something, it's like this:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 10, 2017, 07:04:54 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 05:08:16 PM

Oh Ok... it was a little bit childish and I could have been a bit more truthful about who I was.

But did you enjoy sort of the "world" I created with little Billy Flanigan and the stern, morose Sister Bellarmine?

I thought it would give you a little snapshot of the typical Catholic school circa 1970 or so.

The dynamics of the school, such as mischivious rapscallions, grim strict nuns/pious naive ones and misbehaving teens (see Halloween party) were very representative of a Catholic school of the late 60s early 70s.

Anyway believe me I am aware of all the bad things the Catholic Churhc has done. Surprisingly IMO is the actions of the Catholic Church and state in Ireland circa 1920-1975 or so.

We didn't enjoy it because that's not an accurate or even a real "snapshot" of a typical Catholic School of the 70s...I know because I spend 12 fucking years in a Catholic School. (As I described in your intro page)
Your idea of a typical "Catholic School" it would appear, is one that you've gleaned from movies and television and not from a real experience.

You are still not being completely straight with us, and by the way my earlier characterization of you is rather spot on I believe.

Tell me, why don't you like Jews?

Guardian85

Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 08:20:44 AM

No, just a dark brew seasoned with cinnammon, nutmeg, anise and a hint of sweet orange.
Total crapshoot as to how it will turn out, so I set a bog standard brown ale just in case....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-