News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Name change

Started by Dave, September 03, 2017, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 03, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Dave? Dave... no, I wouldn't have pegged you for a Dave. Conrad maybe. Possibly a James who is never to be called Jimmy. Or perhaps a Prescott. Dave wasn't even on the radar.

Well, there yer go! It's like trying to imagine what some-one looks like from their voice, I never get it right.

I do rather wish I had changed it years ago, in leaving the RAF maybe. Wouldn't do the Shavian thing and use my middle name, Arthur seems even worse!

There was a fashion for putting your name and that of your GF in stick-on letters at the top of your windshield - "DAVE   SHARON" were always the ones in jokes. Pity, I fancied a Sharon at that time . . . There was a social group called "Chavs" at about the same time, take too long to describe them but let's just say they had "pretensions above their social station" and a certain dress code. It may be my paranoia but the blokes, in jokes, were often called "Dave".

Could be worse, but I will not name the names that make me shudder, just in case!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: jumbojak on September 03, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Dave? Dave... no, I wouldn't have pegged you for a Dave. Conrad maybe. Possibly a James who is never to be called Jimmy. Or perhaps a Prescott. Dave wasn't even on the radar.

I'm with JJ on this one, never would have guessed you were a Dave, maybe "Malcolm John Figgypudding" or, "Geoffrey Ridgewell Grosscastle", perhaps "Roland Frederick Hossenfeffer", or what seemed most likely, "Lord Ichabod Jonathan Cockwaddle the Elder"!

;D ;D ;D ;D

8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dragonia

^^^ great names, Father  :rofl:
So now I'm feeling a little daughterly, as my dad's name is Dave.
I like it!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

No one

Dave

Quote from: No one on September 05, 2017, 01:35:17 AM

Thanks, No one, about sums it up. I will adopt that as my signature tune!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Of course we know that certain Daves are pretty fierce. I am thinking of the one that busted the chops of that giant guy Goliath.