News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Tech help

Started by Dave, January 27, 2017, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

https://imgur.com/gallery/hO91f

Well, all I get is the link and not an actual picture!

When I hit "Share" on Photobucket I was firdt offered various locations, as in Imgur, and hitting "clipboard" then gave me various link formats to copy/paste. Now I just seem to get the link type above.

Adding "img" tags just gives me a picture place holder on my screen.

Hmm,  IIRC the original Photobucket link ended with a .jpg label.

Arturo, can you post a link from Imgur but edit it with asterixs for the brackets please, so that I can see the format.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Yup, Photobucket seem to wiped out my account, no longer works on any device I have. Must recognise the router.

And no versions that I download seem to offer link formats for forums.

Dave

Ok, worked out how Tinypic has changed. You gave to sit through an advert to get the "code".

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 17, 2017, 07:47:11 AM

When I hit "Share" on Photobucket I was firdt offered various locations, as in Imgur, and hitting "clipboard" then gave me various link formats to copy/paste. Now I just seem to get the link type above.

Arturo, can you post a link from Imgur but edit it with asterixs for the brackets please, so that I can see the format.

Yeah I can do that but it would be easier if I told you how to get the link.

What you do is go to your picture
Long press your finger over it until a menu pops up
Press open in new tab
Copy the web address
Now you have a usable link *https://i.imgur.com/hzBiTPV_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high*
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 17, 2017, 04:48:23 PM

Press open in new tab
Copy the web address
Now you have a usable link *https://i.imgur.com/hzBiTPV_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high*

OK, but that is not exactly intuitive to me! Too used yo just tapping a picture, a box with a tick appears and I upload. Similar pricess selects the pic to share.

Not vastly different but a short tap rather than a "touch and wait" :)

Took me a while to learn how to upload.

Enough to fool this bear with a simple brain.

Taken Imgur out now, can't remember what name and p-word I used . . .  Photobucket seemed so simple and relatively intuitive, there were always clues on the screen on how to do the next step. I do love intuitive designs for this sort of stuff, lead me by the hand and spoon feed me in this sort of thing. But so many designers want to show how clever they (think they) are.

I like the "work the logic out for yourself" in puzzle games etc, not in tools, the simplest, most efficient tool is the best one.

/rant

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 17, 2017, 05:01:27 PM
Quote from: Arturo on March 17, 2017, 04:48:23 PM

Press open in new tab
Copy the web address

OK, but that is not exactly intuitive to me! Too used yo just tapping a picture, a box with a tick appears and I upload. Similar pricess selects the pic to share.

Not vastly different but a short tap rather than a "touch and wait" :)

Took me a while to learn how to upload.

Enough to fool this bear with a simple brain.

Taken Imgur out now, can't remember what name and p-word I used . . .  Photobucket seemed so simple and relatively intuitive, there were always clues on the screen on how to do the next step. I do love intuitive designs for this sort of stuff, lead me by the hand and spoon feed me in this sort of thing. But so many designers want to show how clever they (think they) are.

I like the "work the logic out for yourself" in puzzle games etc, not in tools, the simplest, most efficient tool is the best one.

/rant
I'm not really a fan of imgur on mobile devices, there is too many steps. However I do like the computer version.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Is there someone here who can make a picture bigger? I want some art for my YouTube channel and I already have the picture I want, it's just too small. I need it to be 2048 x 1152 please. Also, if you can some how give it a plane white background I'd love you forever.

This is the picture. Rather large for a forum but not for YouTube I guess.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Another thing, I want to move all my videos from their current channel to my original one. Is there anyway I can download them to my tablet?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

What is the font that is used? Without that, it's still possible, but it will be more difficult.

I don't know about downloading videos on a tablet, but I've done it on my PC.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on March 20, 2017, 02:07:45 PM
What is the font that is used? Without that, it's still possible, but it will be more difficult.

I don't know about downloading videos on a tablet, but I've done it on my PC.

I've got the videos and reuploaded them to my new channel.

Not sure of the font used, will have to get back to you on that. But anything that looks close will be fine.

Edit: Font is Cloister Black
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

So here are the steps:

1. Download the font (I assume you already have it though)
2. Download and install GIMP
3. Open GIMP
4. Create new image: File->New then make the dimensions 2048x1152
5. Add in alpha channel: Layer->Transparency->Add Alpha Channel
6. Delete the background: [Ctrl]+[A], [Delete]
7. Select the font tool and then select the font (Cloister Black)
8. Click inside the image then type out what you want (Arturo)
9. Resize the font and move it about until you get it the way you want it
10. Save the image: File->Export As

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on March 20, 2017, 07:11:43 PM
So here are the steps:

1. Download the font (I assume you already have it though)
2. Download and install GIMP
3. Open GIMP
4. Create new image: File->New then make the dimensions 2048x1152
5. Add in alpha channel: Layer->Transparency->Add Alpha Channel
6. Delete the background: [Ctrl]+[A], [Delete]
7. Select the font tool and then select the font (Cloister Black)
8. Click inside the image then type out what you want (Arturo)
9. Resize the font and move it about until you get it the way you want it
10. Save the image: File->Export As

Thanks
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

^   :picard facepalm:

But also
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Biggus Dickus

There's a woman who works here in our office who's semi-retired. Comes in about once a week.

She alway's has computer problems which either my boss or I help her with when she's here.

When she was still full time it got to where I was almost spending as much time in her office as mine, especially when we moved her from a Windows PC to a Mac. (Oh Vey :-X) This was after we did away with our IT Department.

Besides her lack of computer skills the one thing that is difficult to deal with is the condition she keeps her computer in. I mean it's so totally disgusting, keyboard and touch pad on her laptop are practically encrusted and the screen looks like it was peppered with the spray from a million fucking sneezes.

Anyway, my boss was just in her office helping her get reconnected to our server, and as she walk past my office door she was holding her hands out in front of her as she headed to the restroom to wash her hands, she glanced in my office and made a face like she had just cleaned up after someone with the plague.

I've mentioned the lack of hygiene to her before, and have even wiped of the keyboard and touchpad on occasion, but now that we only see her once a week it's seems to have gotten much worse.

I'm thinking of asking my boss, to say something to her boss about having her keep it clean, I mean it is company property after-all and the fact that others have to touch the fucking thing.

Anyone else deal with this before? (My wife's iPad screen is fairly nasty, when she ask's me to look at it I sometimes make a face, but at home I just end of cleaning it for her cuz' that's what dudes do!)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."