News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Bickering and Banning | Split From: New kid on the block.

Started by En_Route, July 07, 2012, 09:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

En_Route

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 07, 2012, 08:25:50 PM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on July 07, 2012, 08:05:42 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 07, 2012, 07:53:27 PM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on July 07, 2012, 07:01:28 PM
Hello and welcome!! You are right about people who will not read books that contradict the bible. I live about half a mile from South Carolina so hooray for me  >:(
fuck, that sucks.  :(
You're telling me.  Though I have found about 300 atheists in the area.  And a lot of them are very rude, crude, offensive and anti politically correct than I could ever imagine. I fit right into the group!!   ;D

Haha!!

For the most part, i think some atheists can be rude only because we are fucking sick of religion being shoved into our face by law and pamphlets. :)

So when theists behave badly it's the fault of religion and when atheists behave badly...it's also the fault of religion.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sweetdeath

Quote from: En_Route on July 07, 2012, 09:02:58 PM
Hello and welcome!! You are right about people who will not read books that contradict the bible. I live about half a mile from South Carolina so hooray for me  >:(
You're telling me.  Though I have found about 300 atheists in the area.  And a lot of them are very rude, crude, offensive and anti politically correct than I could ever imagine. I fit right into the group!!   ;D

Haha!!

For the most part, i think some atheists can be rude only because we are fucking sick of religion being shoved into our face by law and pamphlets. :)

So when theists behave badly it's the fault of religion and when atheists behave badly...it's also the fault of religion.

More like the fault of annoying ass people.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

En_Route

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 08, 2012, 06:04:00 AM

Haha!!

I'll reformulate: When religious people act badly, it's the fault of religion and when atheists act badly it's the fault of religious people.

Tank

Quote from: En_Route on July 08, 2012, 04:17:53 PM

Haha!!

I'll reformulate: When religious people act badly, it's the fault of religion and when atheists act badly it's the fault of religious people.

Why don't you ask an open question that might shed light on the situation rather than repeat a loaded question obviously intended to bully a fellow member?
Oh and don't try the passive aggressive line you pulled last time the "Go ahead ban me" routine.
Do that I'll ban you.
Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

En_Route

Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2012, 04:25:22 PM
Hello and welcome!! You are right about people who will not read books that contradict the bible. I live about half a mile from South Carolina so hooray for me  >:(
fuck, that sucks.  :(
You're telling me.  Though I have found about 300 atheists in the area.  And a lot of them are very rude, crude, offensive and anti politically correct than I could ever imagine. I fit right into the group!!   ;D

Haha!!

Why don't you ask an open question that might shed light on the situation rather than repeat a loaded question obviously intended to bully a fellow member?
Oh and don't try the passive aggressive line you pulled last time the "Go ahead ban me" routine.
Do that I'll ban you.
Tank

Go ahead. Ban me.

Edit: Corrected quotation marks - Tank

En_Route

Haha!!

Do that I'll ban you.
Tank

I might add that I Imagine Sweetdearh is well able to fight her own corner. I also hardly  think one sharp retort constitutes bullying. You are a sad little man Tank.

Tank

Quote from: En_Route on July 08, 2012, 05:08:40 PM
Hello and welcome!! You are right about people who will not read books that contradict the bible. I live about half a mile from South Carolina so hooray for me  >:(
fuck, that sucks.  :(
You're telling me.  Though I have found about 300 atheists in the area.  And a lot of them are very rude, crude, offensive and anti politically correct than I could ever imagine. I fit right into the group!!   ;D

Haha!!

Do that I'll ban you.
Tank

I might add that I Imagine Sweetdearh is well able to fight her own corner. I also hardly  think one sharp retort constitutes bullying. You are a sad little man Tank.
And you can kiss my arse
Banned for 7 days

If I choose to support a member in what I consider bullying I will do so and have done so.

"I also hardly  think one sharp retort constitutes bullying." it starts somewhere and once is enough on this forum.

En_route I know you can read this. If you bother to come back you have to understand that if you had written what you wrote there to ANY member here you would have been given a suspension of 7 days.

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

I had missed the first post where En-Route decided to push his luck.
Thus I was happy to let it go at a 7 day suspension.
Having now seen the "Go Ahead. Ban Me." comment I have extended the ban to a permanent.
Tank

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2012, 05:45:14 PM
I had missed the first post where En-Route decided to push his luck.
Thus I was happy to let it go at a 7 day suspension.
Having now seen the "Go Ahead. Ban Me." comment I have extended the ban to a permanent.
Tank

Tank is one bad ass  dude.
I didn't even see this til now. Wow, what a troll that guy was.  :-\

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

I take no pleasure whatsoever from banning members, it's just something that comes with the broom.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2012, 07:05:52 PM
I take no pleasure whatsoever from banning members, it's just something that comes with the broom.

Well, he was literally asking for it. :D

Velma

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 08, 2012, 07:06:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2012, 07:05:52 PM

Well, he was literally asking for it. :D
Yes he was.  You did the right thing, Tank.  Banning folks is never an easy decision - except for spammers, they deserve banning and mocking.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Retired member.

Guardian85

Quote from: Crow on July 08, 2012, 07:26:26 PM
Why was En_Route banned?

Why is there always drama when I'm working the graveyard shift?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-