News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

The Closer We Get To 1/20/17, The Less Safe I Feel

Started by philosoraptor, January 15, 2017, 05:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on January 18, 2017, 08:19:14 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 18, 2017, 08:16:47 PM
The Asmo missed something.  :(

...Did He miss something? He did, didn't He?  :(

Not yet, but it was heading that way.
Oh... Yes, well. Split off the derail?

Quote from: Tank on January 18, 2017, 08:55:32 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 18, 2017, 08:50:18 PM
Tank, please ban me for one month, or longer.

:mb lol: No.  :grin:
See? Tanks answer prayers too.

...With a "NO!  >:("
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on January 18, 2017, 09:00:13 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 18, 2017, 08:19:14 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 18, 2017, 08:16:47 PM
The Asmo missed something.  :(

...Did He miss something? He did, didn't He?  :(

Not yet, but it was heading that way.
Oh... Yes, well. Split off the derail?
Split off a derail instead just coming out and trying to stop a discussion? When has that ever happened before? /s :lol:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on January 18, 2017, 08:59:42 PM

Why??
Because fun is not allowed in this place.
It's obvious to you, Davin and me that we're just having fun. Tank said,
"Not yet, but it was heading that way."
It NEVER does, it never has and it never will, that's why it's so funny, but he can't see that.

I'm not a happy camper, right now.  >:(

Tank, if you won't ban me for this, please ban me for doing this to Dredge:

You must be fair with EVERYONE, not just your favorite ones.  >:(

SO BAN ME!  >:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 18, 2017, 09:12:09 PM

Why??
It NEVER does, it never has and it never will, that's why it's so funny, but he can't see that.

MAGDALENA!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Quote from: Magdalena on January 18, 2017, 09:12:09 PM

Why??

Eh, I wasn't having much fun by the end. Don't fall on your sword for me.
Philosoraptor, my sincere apologies on derailing your story.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 18, 2017, 09:29:01 PM

MAGDALENA!

I apologize to everyone. I am simply menstruating. I will take some Pamprin Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Menstrual Pain Relief medicine and go to my room for a month.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on January 18, 2017, 09:48:36 PM

Eh, I wasn't having much fun by the end. Don't fall on your sword for me.

I know, that's why we talked via PM, and we stopped.
:secrets1: Salvadoreños, we don't know about swords, but we do know about machetes. 

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on January 18, 2017, 09:52:30 PM
I apologize to everyone. I am simply menstruating. I will take some Pamprin Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Menstrual Pain Relief medicine and go to my room for a month.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

Back to the OP.  I must also confess to feeling "less safe", but it's more of a vague sense of "WTF is going on?!"  So it's hard to define.  I try to just keep my nose to the grindstone, collect my pay, and enjoy my free time.  Every now and then I look for mushroom clouds.

Ecurb Noselrub

Arturo

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 19, 2017, 12:39:37 AM
Back to the OP.  I must also confess to feeling "less safe", but it's more of a vague sense of "WTF is going on?!"  So it's hard to define.  I try to just keep my nose to the grindstone, collect my pay, and enjoy my free time.  Every now and then I look for mushroom clouds.

Yeah I don't even want to associate with politics anymore. I keep my nose out of it.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

My father-in-law flies in from Turkey on Friday to see his granddaughter for the first time, the day Trump is inaugurated. I'm hoping he won't be prevented from visiting again. That's the kind of thing I'm afraid of. That and climate change causing the world to go to hell in firechicklet's lifetime.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Firebird on January 19, 2017, 02:04:58 AM
My father-in-law flies in from Turkey on Friday to see his granddaughter for the first time, the day Trump is inaugurated. I'm hoping he won't be prevented from visiting again. That's the kind of thing I'm afraid of. That and climate change causing the world to go to hell in firechicklet's lifetime.

The total Muslim ban is not going to happen.  Hardly anyone in the GOP is completely for that.  Besides, Turkey is our ally and part of NATO.  I realize Trump thinks NATO is obsolete, but that's not likely to play well with the GOP.  Most of them think Russia is bad, and Turkey is a key component in both the Russia and the Middle East situation.  We don't want to piss off Turkey, so I think your father-in-law is safe for now.

Recusant

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 19, 2017, 12:43:13 AM
Trump's own Education Secretary admits that his "grabbing" video describes sexual assault.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politics/betsy-devos-donald-trump-sexual-assault/index.html

That story was not particularly reassuring. In fact, it only presents another in a long list of reasons why DeVos is the wrong person for the job. She fits pretty well into Dingell's paradigm.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken