News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello happy people!

Started by Me_Be, February 29, 2024, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me_Be

It's Me  :grin:  Me_Be

Or is that Be Me  :chin: would I be me, I guess I never had the choice, hahaha!

Who knows who is being me, or who me is being. I live only for happiness, and endure unhappiness until I am no longer conscious to be able to know anything.  :cheerleader:
''It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk''

"she was completely whole
and yet never fully complete"
― Maquita Donyel Irvin

Tank

Well  hello you!

Welcome and thank you for joining. Do tell us a little bit about yourself.

Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Me_Be

Thanks for the welcome.  :D

I'm a retired 66 year old female who was born in Halifax Yorkshire, now a permanent resident of Wiltshire. So I have plenty of time on my hands to express the contents of my own unique mind to all and sundry.  :query:  :headscratch:  :chin:  :thoughtful:  :notsure: even though I am not really sure of where my ideas come from except to say I have constructed them myself from who knows where, perhaps from the source itself, namely ME

I had a nondual awakening at the age of 6 years old, I don't know why that happened to me, but I think I was born that way. I've had many more glimpses since that first one, into the true nature of reality which I honestly and genuinely believe to be nondual, I tend to lean more toward speaking in a nondual context, but can also speak normally when it suits me. I have been experiencing the insanity of not - knowing who I am ever since that nondual glimpse at the age of 6.

And so here I am sixty years later using this forum as a way of working out how to perfect the art of putting my nondual glimpses into word salads.   :snicker1:  :let'seat:

― Maquita Donyel Irvin

Dark Lightning

Asmodean

You've made The Asmo's acquaintance in a thread or two already, but once again, welcome!

As long as them word salads are tasty, The Asmo shall consume them. Counter them with His own verbose magniloquence, if at all possible. He's been told that He ought to eat more salad anyways, so... Perfect! :smilenod:

(Just for a bit of background, The Asmo is a bit of a stage persona. He is the Great and Terrible God of Grumpiness, Rodents and the Destruction of Luxembourg... Among other things He approves of. When I speak as above, it's nearly-as-makes-no-difference always all in fun. I try to switch back to a semblance of normalcy when making serious points seriously.)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Quote from: Me_Be on February 29, 2024, 04:24:44 PMIt's Me  :grin:  Me_Be

Who knows who is being me, or who me is being. I live only for happiness, and endure unhappiness until I am no longer conscious to be able to know anything.  :cheerleader:

Hello and welcome to HAF, Me_Be:)

It wish you more happy days than Abd-al-Rahman III. A pleasant moon or a good sunrise or sunset is sufficient to make me happy, which apparently is a bit of a dysfunction. We all have our failures.

I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Me_Be

Quote from: Asmodean on February 29, 2024, 08:59:46 PMYou've made The Asmo's acquaintance in a thread or two already, but once again, welcome!

As long as them word salads are tasty, The Asmo shall consume them. Counter them with His own verbose magniloquence, if at all possible. He's been told that He ought to eat more salad anyways, so... Perfect! :smilenod:

Lol  ;D

Well you know what they say: You are what you eat!

Quote from: Asmodean on February 29, 2024, 08:59:46 PM(Just for a bit of background, The Asmo is a bit of a stage persona. He is the Great and Terrible God of Grumpiness, Rodents and the Destruction of Luxembourg... Among other things He approves of. When I speak as above, it's nearly-as-makes-no-difference always all in fun. I try to switch back to a semblance of normalcy when making serious points seriously.)

:smilenod:

It's kind of fun being mental, it's the fundamental experience of being human I suppose.

― Maquita Donyel Irvin

Me_Be

Quote from: Recusant on March 01, 2024, 01:09:48 AM
Quote from: Me_Be on February 29, 2024, 04:24:44 PMIt's Me  :grin:  Me_Be

Hello and welcome to HAF, Me_Be:)

It wish you more happy days than Abd-al-Rahman III. A pleasant moon or a good sunrise or sunset is sufficient to make me happy, which apparently is a bit of a dysfunction. We all have our failures.

I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

:spagwelcome:

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Feels just like home.

''My true religion is kindness''  :) And much laughter!

― Maquita Donyel Irvin

Anne D.

Hello, hello  :) Nice to have another woman here, although I'm more of a lurker than a poster these days. Very nice to see you, though   :D

Me_Be

Quote from: Anne D. on March 02, 2024, 02:57:58 AMHello, hello  :) Nice to have another woman here, although I'm more of a lurker than a poster these days. Very nice to see you, though  :D

Phew! That's made my day, thank you for popping by. It's so nice to see you too.  :) Sometimes it's as if men and women speak two or more completely different languages, and that they do not seem to understand each other. Hopefully, that's just a myth.  ;D

― Maquita Donyel Irvin

The Magic Pudding..

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Me_Be

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on March 02, 2024, 12:07:53 PMHello

Keep the hell lo by rising above it, then we're sure to be in heaven.  :party:

Hello to you too. :)

― Maquita Donyel Irvin

hermes2015

Welcome! I confess I don't know anything about nondual philosophy. Is it similar to monisnm?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Me_Be

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 04, 2024, 02:49:25 AMWelcome! I confess I don't know anything about nondual philosophy. Is it similar to monisnm?

Thanks hermes  :)

Yes, it's similar, and here's why..

''Monism is only a scientific discovery that says all existence is of one essence. Non-dualism is the art of living with a non-fragmented mind. Monism is a statement of objective fact - non-dualism is the subjective experience of that fact. Monism discovers the sugar - non-dualism tastes the sugar, becomes the sugar.''

''Mostly, "non-dual" refers to monism: the doctrine that All is One, and all distinctions are ultimately illusory. Monism forms a false opposition with dualism: the doctrine that subjects and objects are definitely, objectively separated.''

The basic difference is as simple as this: monism is one, non-dualism is not-two.
How can there be one without a second? How can one thing exist?
Observer and Observed do seem to imply two, and yet both, are one and the same reality, inseparable. Both the seer and the seen are different and yet at the same time are identical.
There is no separation between the seer and the seen, the apparent divide is illusory, but very necessary on the human level, so that one is able to make sense of it's separate self-identity.

― Maquita Donyel Irvin