News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Volunteers Needed! The Scripture Project

Started by thegodconclusion, June 28, 2008, 03:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegodconclusion

From SamHarris.org

The Scripture Project
Volunteer Editors Needed

Steve Wells, the creator of the Skeptic's Annotated Bible, Qur'an, and Book of Mormon, has donated the full contents of his website to the Reason Project. This is a very generous gift, as Steve spent the better part of a decade annotating these holy books and highlighted all passages notable for their historical inaccuracy, internal contradictions, scientific errors, absurdity, injustice, cruelty, sexism, intolerance, etc. (he also flagged the good parts).

At the Reason Project, we intend to refine Steve's work in a section of our website entitled "The Scripture Project" where we will have religious scholars, historians, scientists, and other qualified people continue to annotate these texts on a Wiki. With the input of the right scholars, we are confident that the Reason Project website will quickly become the preeminent place for scriptural criticism on the internet. We are happy to say that Steve Wells will continue to supervise the Scripture Project as it moves forward.

In the meantime, however, we need help porting the full contents of the Skeptics Annotated Bible, Qur'an, and Book of Mormon over to the Reason Project website. Unfortunately, the entire process cannot be automated. We are seeking volunteers to help us edit each page of the Scripture Project Wiki to see that it correctly duplicates the parent-page on Wells' site. This is a big job, but it will be quickly accomplished by a hundred or so volunteers. If you are familiar with adding to Wikis and are willing to donate a few hours over the next few weeks to the launch of the Reason Project website, we would be enormously grateful for your help (some knowledge of HTML would also be useful).

Instructions and relevant links can be found here:
http://www.reasonproject.org/index_ee.p ... e_project/

All the best,

Sam and Annaka Harris
If you have a minute please sign my petition for Richard Dawkins.  Thanks!
http://thegodconclusion.wordpress.com/

Whitney

Great project...unfortunately I do not have much free time over the next month or so due to work obligations.

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

crocofish

It's nice to have a comprehensive resource when faced with situations where the bible is quoted to support an argument.

As for volunteering, I don't think I'm all that qualified to contribute to the wiki.  I own a bible, but I really haven't done much bible study.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown