News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

They fired three people at work today. Never thought I'd see the day. I don't think any of the three have been informed yet but perhaps, just perhaps... They're finally fed up with all of the nonsense that's been going on and are getting serious about putting a stoop to it. Then again, they went through a long drawn out process to fire two people for drinking on the job and corporate forced them to let them come back. This could go either way.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on July 22, 2017, 04:02:12 AM
They fired three people at work today. Never thought I'd see the day. I don't think any of the three have been informed yet but perhaps, just perhaps... They're finally fed up with all of the nonsense that's been going on and are getting serious about putting a stoop to it. Then again, they went through a long drawn out process to fire two people for drinking on the job and corporate forced them to let them come back. This could go either way.

Well that's pretty dumb
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Just found out that my uncle has cancer. Not sure yet how bad it is but he has it in his throat, neck and other parts of his head. My mom is taking it pretty hard. Going to see if she wants me to drive her up to see him when I'm off tomorrow.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Yes, sorry to hear that JJ...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

JJ My condolences. It seems too many people we know are getting caught late into cancer.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on July 25, 2017, 03:25:14 AM
Just found out that my uncle has cancer. Not sure yet how bad it is but he has it in his throat, neck and other parts of his head. My mom is taking it pretty hard. Going to see if she wants me to drive her up to see him when I'm off tomorrow.
Great shame. It looks like he's had it for a while?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on July 25, 2017, 07:00:50 AM

I'd does. He's been having trouble sleeping at night which was diagnosed as sleep apnea. He had surgery on his nose this spring to help with that. I guess if they had looked more closely at his throat they might've caught it a bit earlier.

He's at the dentist tonight to get his teeth cleaned and get a press made before the surgery on Friday. Then it's radiation daily along with chemo for six weeks straight.

He'll be too busy to go see him today. I hope mama can make it tomorrow or Thursday because he won't be able to speak for some time.

Asmodean

I think there is a small positive spin to cancer - in the year of our illiterate-ass goat-herder LORD 2017, it's... Not as scary as it once was. Median survival rates are climbing "across the board," the quality of life does the same.

Bad? Sure. Hopeless? Perhaps not.

I suck at consoling and do even worse with insincere generic platitudes. Sincerely though, best of luck. May your uncle's case be one where we kick that group of diseases squarely in the balls, even if in a small way.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Quote from: Arturo on July 25, 2017, 04:28:01 AM
JJ My condolences. It seems too many people we know are getting caught late into cancer.

Very true Arturo. Last fall it was my mom's husband. He just finished his second round of chemo. Then at the start of the summer my boss had emergency surgery to remove a tumor. He's out for two months getting treated at Duke.

Davin

Sorry to hear that jumbojack.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on July 25, 2017, 01:42:54 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 25, 2017, 07:00:50 AM

I'd does. He's been having trouble sleeping at night which was diagnosed as sleep apnea. He had surgery on his nose this spring to help with that. I guess if they had looked more closely at his throat they might've caught it a bit earlier.

He's at the dentist tonight to get his teeth cleaned and get a press made before the surgery on Friday. Then it's radiation daily along with chemo for six weeks straight.

He'll be too busy to go see him today. I hope mama can make it tomorrow or Thursday because he won't be able to speak for some time.
This is sad news, jumbojak, I'm sorry to hear this. But it's good that he's getting the treatment he needs. Let's concentrate on this.  :therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Sorry to hear that, JJ. I hope everything turns out ok.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey