News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on May 26, 2017, 04:35:42 AMDrunks are always annoying. Girls always trying throwing themselves on you. Guys always showing their private parts.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 26, 2017, 12:31:02 AM
...(as in it lessens certain brain functions...)...
And that right there...my friend, is one of the many reasons why some people enjoy getting drunk.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 25, 2017, 02:32:42 PM
... I think most folk here at HAF are aware that I don't drink, and haven't had a drop in over 3.5 yeas, and this guy was telling me to just relax and have some beers or join him in a shot.
Drunks can some times be annoying when you are sober... 8)
Wow! 3.5 years!?
Congratulations, Father Bruno, I'm very proud of you!

You've been with us about three years, haven't you?  :chin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 26, 2017, 05:28:21 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 26, 2017, 12:31:02 AM
...(as in it lessens certain brain functions...)...
And that right there...my friend, is one of the many reasons why some people enjoy getting drunk.

:sidesmile:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Deep fried pig skin aka Pork Scratchings.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on May 26, 2017, 05:46:22 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on May 25, 2017, 02:32:42 PM
... I think most folk here at HAF are aware that I don't drink, and haven't had a drop in over 3.5 yeas, and this guy was telling me to just relax and have some beers or join him in a shot.
Drunks can some times be annoying when you are sober... 8)
Wow! 3.5 years!?
Congratulations, Father Bruno, I'm very proud of you!

You've been with us about three years, haven't you?  :chin:

Thank you for the kind compliment my dearest Magdalena, it is appreciated.

Yes, I guess it's been about three years more or less. I believe I was about 6-8 months sober when I joined HAF...and it's a testament to my ability to stay sober that I've been able to do so what with hanging out with you "godless, heathen like sods" ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

About to eat a little spicey stir fried poultry with peas, peppers and potato. Had a slice of delicious ham, red onion, green pepper and asparagus quiche for lunch in town, washed down with freshly squeezed orange juice.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

Gruff and Deedle, with a bit of wobbly to fill up the chinks.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: OldGit on May 27, 2017, 09:29:15 AM
Gruff and Deedle, with a bit of wobbly to fill up the chinks.

Translation please?

I made myself some salmon and glazed carrots, adding a little soy sauce as well as brown sugar to make the glaze.  Not bad.  I also decided to stop using my wine glasses for the one or two times a year I have people over for dinner, and put them to everyday use.  Since I'm not Emily Post, I figure there's no reason I can't drink water from a wine glass.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

Books, it's from a Jack Vance SF novel.  It would take too long to explain, but do read "Wyst, Alastor 1716" for a good laugh.

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on May 28, 2017, 10:30:46 AM
Books, it's from a Jack Vance SF novel.  It would take too long to explain, but do read "Wyst, Alastor 1716" for a good laugh.

Looks like a good book!

Dave

Tank

Beef curry and baked beans. I foresee a windy afternoon.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: OldGit on May 28, 2017, 10:30:46 AM

A book recommendation -- my favorite thing! 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on May 28, 2017, 11:20:15 AM
Beef curry and baked beans. I foresee a windy afternoon.
Together?  That's a very random combo.