News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on May 23, 2017, 07:18:08 PM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Glad I could help a little.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Arturo on May 24, 2017, 01:34:50 AM
That's the most ghetto collection of gifs I've ever seen.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 23, 2017, 07:18:08 PM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I hope everything is OK, Mags.  :hug2:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

T
]This reminds me of a currently running commercial when two people, male and female, meet in the park with their dogs who get along well. The girl who is a little bit on the chunky side but still a lovely woman, offers the young man a tiny flower.  That is a beautiful commercial and I don't even know what they were selling with the commercial. Sometimes the message overwhelms the commercial aspect.

OldGit

We don't see that one over here.

Dave

There have certainly been adverts where the "production" is remembered when the product isn't.

That cat herding one was such, never remember what the name of the company was. Many years ago there was a dark seeming advert, in black and white, where a bunch of youths made music bangjng on railings, dustbins or whatever in an almost vandalistic way. No idea of the product but I can still "see" the images in my mind.

Also this one:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Icarus the elder historian speaks again: The "He ain't heavy father, he's my brother" expression is from an ancient movie starring Spencer Tracy. He was the main guy at a place for orphan or other unfortunate boys, called Boys Town.  A kid and his younger brother embarked on a desperate trip to catholic  Boys Town. The smaller one was exhausted, they had walked for many miles, and his larger brother was found carrying him on his back. Father  Flannigan, Spencer Tracy, found them and sympathized with the older boy. The sort of famous quote; He ain't heavy father, became a symbol of compassion for the less fortunate and the heroic dedication to ones sibling.

I'll bet all you young whippersnappers did not know about the noble origin of the expression. No matter, it is not an unknown reality, at least among ourselves, that miserable heathens, like HAFers, also have deep compassion for the more unfortunate. 

Sandra Craft

My friend Lee (some of you may remember her, we met on HAF) made a tent for Molly and it arrived yesterday.  Happy to say that Molly, who can be fussy about things, loves it!

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on May 26, 2017, 02:35:45 AM
Icarus the elder historian speaks again: The "He ain't heavy father, he's my brother" expression is from an ancient movie starring Spencer Tracy. He was the main guy at a place for orphan or other unfortunate boys, called Boys Town.  A kid and his younger brother embarked on a desperate trip to catholic  Boys Town. The smaller one was exhausted, they had walked for many miles, and his larger brother was found carrying him on his back. Father  Flannigan, Spencer Tracy, found them and sympathized with the older boy. The sort of famous quote; He ain't heavy father, became a symbol of compassion for the less fortunate and the heroic dedication to ones sibling.

I'll bet all you young whippersnappers did not know about the noble origin of the expression. No matter, it is not an unknown reality, at least among ourselves, that miserable heathens, like HAFers, also have deep compassion for the more unfortunate.

"Boys Town" is a famous movie fir sure, lot's of refs to and clips from over time. That "He ain't geavy..." being from it is not in my memory so I probably never did actuslly see the whole thing.

The film industry loves its moral messaging - even in its less moral output!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 26, 2017, 03:20:22 AM
My friend Lee (some of you may remember her, we met on HAF)...
Yes, I remember Lee.  :sad sigh:
...and her friend, the saxophone player. Larry?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on May 26, 2017, 05:14:19 AM

I don't remember a Larry at all, or a saxophone.  Now I'm going to worry about my brain some more.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

My friend Lee (some of you may remember her, we met on HAF) made a tent for Molly and it arrived yesterday.  Happy to say that Molly, who can be fussy about things, loves it!

She looks happy in it! :smilenod:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 26, 2017, 08:07:22 AM

I don't remember a Larry at all, or a saxophone.  Now I'm going to worry about my brain some more.

I remember Larry, but totally forgot about the saxophone. But yeah, it's right there in his sig: http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=94196

Claireliontamer

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 26, 2017, 08:07:22 AM

I remember Larry, he was quite prolific when he was here.